Marijuana is much safer than alcohol or tobacco, according to a new study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana is much safer than alcohol or tobacco, according to a new study

Marijuana is roughly 114 times less deadly than alcohol, according to recent findings published in the journal Scientific Reports. Of the seven drugs included in the study, alcohol was the deadliest at an individual level, followed by heroin, cocaine, tobacco, ecstasy, methamphetamines, and marijuana. Previous studies consistently ranked marijuana as the safest recreational drug, but it was not known that the discrepancy was this large.

Marijuana is much safer than alcohol or tobacco, according to a new study | The Verge

Yet it's such a taboo to smoke it:retard:

One thing is certain of this marihuana debate/issue.........it'll never be accepted as the norm in society like cigars/cigarettes are.

Comment

I think the issue for me is simply putting shit in my lungs and smelling like shit.

I'd be more inclined to sprinkle a little over my chicken an oats. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        I think the issue for me is simply putting shit in my lungs and smelling like shit.

I'd be more inclined to sprinkle a little over my chicken an oats. :D
        When you have good stuff, it smells lovely:D

So if you smell like shit or it taste like shit, get a new source for the green:P

Comment

I've never smelled weed I could say smells "good". I think it's one of those things that once you're a fan of something you start liking it. Red Wine for example. I understand why it's loved, I respect it, but I hate it and I've tasted some very expensive shit in my day.

Comment

I've never smelled weed I could say smells "good". I think it's one of those things that once you're a fan of something you start liking it. Red Wine for example. I understand why it's loved, I respect it, but I hate it and I've tasted some very expensive shit in my day.
            Sorry, but weed and wine isn't the best analogy lol....but I get what you're saying.

And weed isn't something you become a fan of. I've knonw people who just have a bad reaction to it or get really stupid when they smoke....and when I say stupid, not like funny stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
              Yet it's such a taboo to smoke it:retard:

One thing is certain of this marihuana debate/issue.........it'll never be accepted as the norm in society like cigars/cigarettes are.
              I think that would change if people really paid attention to what physical effects there are from smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes on a break.

I would argue that smoking a joint during a break does the same thing as smoking a cigarette.

Comment

Read/listen to this Freakonomics episode...

http://freakonomics.com/2014/04/17/w...radio-podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                  I would argue that smoking a joint during a break does the same thing as smoking a cigarette.
                  Really? Have you smoked both cigarettes and weed? I have and there is no comparison.

Would it be ok for a a pilot to smoke a joint right before flying you and your family on a commercial flight? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                    Really? Have you smoked both cigarettes and weed? I have and there is no comparison.

Would it be ok for a a pilot to smoke a joint right before flying you and your family on a commercial flight? lol
                    Agree but I'll take a weeded out pilot over a drunk one. Yet alcohol is perfectly legal! What I find most funny is alcohol advertisement on race cars yet cigarette companies are not allowed to advertise. LMFAO. So fucking stupid. Yes because race cars and alcohol go hand in hand! :retard:

Comment

We are mixing two different issues here.

One is short term impairment of judgment and motor functions. The other is long term impact to health. We know that tobacco does not affect short term judgment or motor functions, but has a definite impact to long term health. Alcohol (at least when not overdone) has an impact on the former but not the latter.

For marijuana, the comparison needs to be made two both. Does smoking a joint impair short term motor functions and judgment? Is the long term effect of cannabis same as or worse than nicotine to health? A sensible analysis of these items would seem to imply that marijuana poses no greater impact to long term health than smoking cigarettes, and probably has some impact on short term motor functions or judgment. Therefore, it makes no sense to restrict recreational marijuana use given that cigarettes are already legal, but it might make sense to restrict use during work hours, operating machinery, etc. just like alcohol.

Comment

Agree but I'll take a weeded out pilot over a drunk one. Yet alcohol is perfectly legal!
                        It is not legal for a pilot to drink before flying.

Comment

you dont say dipshit.

Comment

you dont say dipshit.
                            Your words above made it sounds like you were saying it was legal asshat!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post

Is it smoked in the same quantities? It really comes down to tolerance. I'm sure you have heard the term functioning alcoholic.

I have tried both and they both gave me a very high feeling. One made me really dizzy with a racing heart and the other simply feeling out of it but more capable of moving normally. Can you easily decipher which is which without me saying so? I felt better in a short amount of time from one over the other.
                              Last edited by TKD; 02-24-15, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X