Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont speed in finland...WOW!!!

Man in Finland gets $60,000 speeding ticket - AOL.com

Yea, I've seen this in Switzerland also. They base it on your income over there.

Basically the moral of the story is, don't speed if your rich! :P

Comment

Shit if thats the case they'd have to pay my ass for speeding:thumb:

Comment

Holy shit, $60k for speeding? I get the income based concept but thats just a little bit ridiculous...they do a similar thing in Vegas for license plate stickers. If you drive a piece of shit your tags are like $50, but if you drive something really valuable the tags can cost hundreds of dollars

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
            Good idea
            Why? Speed kills is the slogan. It is about saving lives and not generating revenue. Of that is the case the the fine should be standardized across the board.

Difficult to buy into the saving lives argument if fines are based on net worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
              Why? Speed kills is the slogan. It is about saving lives and not generating revenue. Of that is the case the the fine should be standardized across the board.

Difficult to buy into the saving lives argument if fines are based on net worth.
              I disagree. If a speeding ticket is $5 and that's it, people wouldn't care about breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                I disagree. If a speeding ticket is $5 and that's it, people wouldn't care about breaking the law.
                That isn't what I was stating.

Comment

Working...
                X