No Whites Allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Whites Allowed

"No Whites Allowed:" Chicago Area High School Hosts Blacks Only Assembly - BuzzPo

They are only causing backlash and creating apathy with all their willful ignorance. The most recent shooting I saw on the news in Wisconsin, the mother was crying about about her son never ever ever being a violent person. I guess him being convicted of armed robbery last year means he did it with rainbows and hugs. Oh and that mom is white. I wonder if she would have been able to attend the "assembly".

Comment

It's sad actually. How far we have come yet how far we are starting to fall behind. I don't pull the Obama card too often but I honestly think he has helped fuel racial tensions and further the divide.

Comment

I was always told that if I have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything :)

Comment

They are the ones being racist. Idiots.

Comment

Imagine if that was the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
              Imagine if that was the other way round
              It was like that up until true segregation ended in the late 1960's as we all know. The argument could be made that it's only fair. Devils advocate. Don't necessarily agree with that standpoint, just trying to keep it all in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                It was like that up until true segregation ended in the late 1960's as we all know. The argument could be made that it's only fair. Devils advocate. Don't necessarily agree with that standpoint, just trying to keep it all in perspective.

But I thought everyone wanted to move on? Either you do or you don't. You can't move on and still use that as an excuse for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                  But I thought everyone wanted to move on? Either you do or you don't. You can't move on and still use that as an excuse for everything.
                  I get it and agree.

But put yourself there for a second. Lets say your parents were treated like second class citizens. You naturally would have been raised to be distrustful of those who were treating your family in that way. Even if you became successful you would still hold that little bit of hate and distrust inside you.

Everyone talks about slavery being over since the civil war ended 155 years ago. Yes, slavery ended but they were given no rights as free citizens. They were absolutely treated like garbage with no true equal rights until the 1960's. Especially in certain parts of the country.

That time scale of only 50-60 years is not long enough for that distrust or "lets just move on" attitude to have truly taken effect. It will take a few more generations and black parents that will raise their kids in an environment where they have never been effected by those injustices of the past. Today's generation of blacks have parents or grand parents who were all but certain to have been effected or raised in that distrustful environment.

With all of that said. There does come a point where people need to take accountability and stop using the past as a crutch.

Comment

I get it and agree.

But put yourself there for a second. Lets say your parents were treated like second class citizens. You naturally would have been raised to be distrustful of those who were treating your family in that way. Even if you became successful you would still hold that little bit of hate and distrust inside you.

Everyone talks about slavery being over since the civil war ended 155 years ago. Yes, slavery ended but they were given no rights as free citizens. They were absolutely treated like garbage with no true equal rights until the 1960's. Especially in certain parts of the country.

That time scale of only 50-60 years is not long enough for that distrust or "lets just move on" attitude to have truly taken effect. It will take a few more generations and black parents that will raise their kids in an environment where they have never been effected by those injustices of the past. Today's generation of blacks have parents or grand parents who were all but certain to have been effected or raised in that distrustful environment.

With all of that said. There does come a point where people need to take accountability and stop using the past as a crutch.

So, in other words....you're black.

Comment

Not saying I agree with it, but I can understand the sentiment.

By the way, another unarmed black guy got shot by police today, in Atlanta. You see what's happening nationwide and it's no surprise the whole community has pretty much written off the police.

Comment

So, in other words....you're black.
                        No, I just take the time to understand why things are the way they are. To understand the present you must have a clear understanding of the past.

Comment

No, I just take the time to understand why things are the way they are. To understand the present you must have a clear understanding of the past.

Obviously kidding, and I only came back to clarify that I wasn't trying to sound racist (in case it came across that way!). YOU know I'm kidding, but just in case.

I really can't say anything else about it because it's a pointless "argument" in my opinion. Most of the african-americans causing problems these days are the younger generation. They don't know ANYthing about slavery, and neither do their parents. So yes, in my opinion they are absolutely using that excuse as......an excuse. It doesn't fly. I get that things happened in history, and those things won't be excused or forgotten. However, "things" also happened to other people, and they do not display the same behavior.

It may not be a forgivable crime, but it wasn't one done to these exact people, and they get no sympathy for their actions based on crimes of history.

Comment

Obviously kidding, and I only came back to clarify that I wasn't trying to sound racist (in case it came across that way!). YOU know I'm kidding, but just in case.

I really can't say anything else about it because it's a pointless "argument" in my opinion. Most of the african-americans causing problems these days are the younger generation. They don't know ANYthing about slavery, and neither do their parents. So yes, in my opinion they are absolutely using that excuse as......an excuse. It doesn't fly. I get that things happened in history, and those things won't be excused or forgotten. However, "things" also happened to other people, and they do not display the same behavior.

It may not be a forgivable crime, but it wasn't one done to these exact people, and they get no sympathy for their actions based on crimes of history.
                            Again, it's not about slavery. It's about equal rights. Blacks did not have truly equal rights until the 1960's. Today's generation of blacks were absolutely effected. They have parents and grand parents that understandably taught them lessons of distrust because they themselves remember and lived through those times. The 1960's is far to recent to have been forgotten by the generations.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              Not saying I agree with it, but I can understand the sentiment.

By the way, another unarmed black guy got shot by police today, in Atlanta. You see what's happening nationwide and it's no surprise the whole community has pretty much written off the police.
                              I don't really agree with your view on this.

You see a headline of "black teen shot by police" and you automatically join the hive mind and say.. "police are bad".

Put yourself in a police officers shoes and see how you do in that environment.

Comment

Working...
                              X