X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding piranhas

https://i.imgur.com/MmRquJT.gifv

Seen this before

I say again in respect of this species, why should we keep them in existence?

I know I know, conservation, humans are trash blah blah but ar the end of the day, what flicker purpose do these fish really serve, other rivers do fine without them

Comment

Watch "Feeding piranhas in a river in Brazil" on YouTube
      Feeding piranhas in a river in Brazil: https://youtu.be/9qf1Uew_HVs

Comment

That's brutal can't imagine falling in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
          Seen this before

I say again in respect of this species, why should we keep them in existence?

I know I know, conservation, humans are trash blah blah but ar the end of the day, what flicker purpose do these fish really serve, other rivers do fine without them
          Not necessarily conservation but more about the balance of the food chain. As you know or should know, all species have their place. In almost all cases if you pull a species out of that chain and break the link it has a ripple effect.

I don't know the details on piranha specifically but I would bet they have a purpose to serve even if it just keeping the waters clean and clear of dead and rotting flesh.

Comment

"Keep them in existence?"

It's not ours to keep or not keep.

Comment

^ I know ethically you are right but then again we are trying our best to eliminate parasites and ebola

Comment

^ I know ethically you are right but then again we are trying our best to eliminate parasites and ebola
                Ebola is blown out of proportion by the media. They like to scare people.

Comment

Not sure how you are equating piranha to parasites. The insects that eat our crops, the germs that cause disease, I can understanding the desire to exterminate them, but piranha are just hanging around in their own environment. If a dipshit human wandered into their territory and get his leg bitten, surely you can't hold that against the piranha.

Comment

I don't think they attack humans unless your injured and bloody. They keep the waters clean and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Not sure how you are equating piranha to parasites. The insects that eat our crops, the germs that cause disease, I can understanding the desire to exterminate them, but piranha are just hanging around in their own environment. If a dipshit human wandered into their territory and get his leg bitten, surely you can't hold that against the piranha.
                      As the weather warms they're beginning to be found in rivers further north

They wipeout other fish and clearly pose a danger to humans especially young. Imagine if a toddler fell in between those boats!

So let us hypothesise that a of a sudden every river in the USA is no go Because they are full if pihrana, now what?!

Comment

Wait.

If piranha were found in a US river, they would be invasive species and should be eliminated. But I thought you were talking about piranha in their native environment in the Amazon. You were questioning their worth in general, not just in regions where they may be an invasive species.

Comment

It's hypothetical, please answer the Q

Comment

It's hypothetical, please answer the Q
                            he did. he said in the case of piranha being in an area it shouldn't be then yes it should be removed.

your hypothetical is silly. what happens if a great white ends up in the great lakes.. dur hur.

they serve a purpose in their environment. outside of their environment is a completely different conversation and a huge deviation from your original argument.

Comment

The reason I asked is because they have been found in American lakes

Comment

Working...
                              X