Had a little scare yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a little scare yesterday.

Everything is ok and I'm just making this post because I'm having a hard time getting over it.

So the long story short, by mistake yesterday Erica locked her car key in the car in 90 degree temperature while Noah was strapped in his car seat.

They were out about 20 mins from where we live at a playground and when they walked over to the car while she was putting him in the car he says it's hot in here so she pushes the remote start on the key so car can start cooling off. Well, on our Ford Flex you have to push the door lock button then start button what I didn't know that you can actually lock the doors while any of the doors open, so after she starts the car she didn't immediately unlocks the doors, she finishes putting him in his car seat, steps back tries to push the unlock button while she was closing the door and drops the key in to the car and door slams shut locked because she doopes the key before she unlocks the door.

I mean what are the odds of this shit happening in that sequence? But when shit happens fucking shit happens.

So she calls me all panicking, I said call roadside service and I'm on my way with the spare key. I run out start driving like a mad man she calls back and says roadside service said call 911. Then at the same breath she says shit car stopped running! I guess it only runs for like five minutes or so. I said call them now, she hang up, called them and they made it to the car in like four minutes , but still took them another couple of minutes to open the door and by the time I've got there they had just pulled him out of the car. And the poor guy was just soaked in sweat. He wasn't crying or panicking but boy he was chugging on water.

We all know how fast cars can hear up in a hot day but, damn in about four minutes it must've been boiling in there.

Here is the fucked up part...car has a key pad on the door and neither one of us bothered to remember the code.if we did none this shit would've happened and she could've calmly walked around the car and unlock the door.
    Anywho...liked said everything is ok and lesson learned.

P.S. Already emailed ford and told them that what happened. You shouldn't be able to lock the doors while they are open to start the car. Like in my Audi car knows if the keys are inside and it won't lock it until you get it out of it.

Dang bro that had to be scary. So glad to hear your little guy is ok. I bet you remember that code from now on. :)

Comment

Uncle Jay woulda been there in 2 minutes and smashed that fuckin window! :D Imma silent guardian like batman!

Crazy situation though, 1 in a billion odds.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yup code is memorized and told her that from now on she can only start the car as she is walking to it while it's locked. No more of that lock with the door open shit.

Comment

Yes agree, I picture her with a million things in her hands trying to do 10 things at once fumbling around with shit. Fuckin Women.

Comment

Wow bro... glad the little guy is ok.

My car cannot be locked with the key inside. I have tried to lock the door using the thumb sensor near the door handle but it won't lock if they key is inside. Your car's behavior does not seem normal. Better get it checked out.

Comment

Glad everything turned out OK.

Comment

The police by me don't unlock doors they would bust a window out in an emergency like this. Tow truck drivers unlock doors but only if its not an emergency (running car with no child or pet inside). AAA took a few hours one time when I was locked out in the winter.

Comment

Edit double post. Glad everything is alright.

Comment

Holy shit bro..thats scary, Glad it turned out ok and Lil man is good!!!

Comment

Glad everyone is ok. Wow brother....:woot:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        Wow bro... glad the little guy is ok.

My car cannot be locked with the key inside. I have tried to lock the door using the thumb sensor near the door handle but it won't lock if they key is inside. Your car's behavior does not seem normal. Better get it checked out.
                        Thanks again everyone. As much fucking around goes in this place we are one big messed up family that truly cares about each other. :)

Scrum I just got home and made a quick video. She had the key in her hand when she started the car then dropped it in the car before she pushed the unlock.

Here is a video and you'll see the keypad that neither one of us knew the code for. :retard:

http://youtu.be/qdrLxZANniE

Comment

And here is what I got back from Ford. It basically says we'll put your suggestion in to the filing cabinet. Lol.

My name is Maureen, I am from Ford`s Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I have reviewed your email regarding the concerns on your 2014 Ford Flex.

I am sorry to hear about what had happen to your son.

Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of all Ford customers. Your feedback is highly valued and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.

From time to time new vehicle options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input. I have documented your comments which will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and consideration.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Maureen
                          Customer Relationship Center
                          Ford Motor Company

Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your concern(s), we may require additional information, please feel free to contact us via telephone at

Comment

That's BS, bro. Go to the dealer and ask to be put into contact with your regional customer service manager.

Comment

I'm glad everything turned out okay. I'm sure it was very nerve wracking! :hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X