Sleeping Problems - Any Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Problems - Any Tips?

Iv'e slept a total of about 10 hours in the last 3 days. I go to sleep tired and I can sleep for 2 hours or so but after that I wake up completely awake and refreshed.

It's not because I'm not exhausted either. Yesterday I killed myself in the gym, did an hour of cardio, walked the dog for an hour, and spent the rest of the day moving shit in preparation for the big move west. By the time I went to sleep around 11:30pm I could barely keep my eyes open. I pretty much fell into bed and passed out.

I think my issue is on the mental side of things. I can be physically exhausted but my mind is running a million miles an hour. I guess it has to do with all the changes going on and starting a new life etc..

So my question is what do I do? I'm sure you guys have been through something similar in the past. What tips or tricks worked for you? How do you calm your mind? How do you relax in times of stress? I've tried over the counter sleeping pills and they do help but they only help me sleep well for the first few hours but they don't exactly extend the time I'm able to sleep.

I have to take 5mg of melatonin every night or my brain doesn't shut down. You have to take it and go to bed though. If you stay up or lay and bed watching TV or being on a phone or tablet it doesn't work properly.

Comment

I'm the same way man. I take somatomex every night. It helps but my body depends on it now to go to sleep.

Comment

I have had sleeping problems for years. It got to the point I was zombi like at work.I went and seen the DR. they set me up for a sleep study...Fucking joke...the people at the sleep center said they couldnt diagnose my problem if I didnt sleep...LOL I was like thats the PROBLEM people!!!

Anyway..after trying melatoma and many other over the counter things I went back to DR. She Suggested that I try a very low dose of amitriptyline 30 min before bed. She said the longer I take it on a schedule like that the better it'll work... But I will dream like crazy.One 10 mg tab a night. Well two years into it..the DR was right. I sleep hard now..CRASH and dream like MAD!! crazy dreams almost every night. I do on occassion have an off night where I cant sleep but its very occassional.

Not saying you need to try this as Id be willing to bet yours is a temp thing due to the stress of your situation and once you settle into your new routine Im betting itll be better for you. I had no other options. Im glad the DR suggested what she did, as much as I would rather not take anything..being sleepless week after week month after month sucks..I didnt wanna deal with that any longer.

Comment

I had bad insomnia for a long time after my divorce. Melatonin did not work at all, but Valerian worked better. I know you've taken that before. My Dr gave me a prescription sleeping pill, but I never filled it because I was just not interested in taking that and becoming dependent on it.

Have you ever tried one of those sleep/meditation type apps? It sounds like a joke, but some of them are pretty great. They really help you focus on shutting your mind off.

Make sure you aren't using computers or phone in bed. They say you shouldn't even watch tv, but I insist on the tv in my room, lol. I read to fall asleep now, but I know you're not really interested in that.

Comment

You have so much going on

Forget about it you either roll with it or get a script

Comment

Whenever I take tren I can either never sleep or sleep for an hour or so and be awake the whole night. Nothing worked and I didnt want to take sleeping tablets.

I found that an hour or so of light cardio walking the street then shower and straight to bed worked wonders. Id sleep 6 hours easy. I was also taking ghrp6 before bed so im not sure if that helped but took me a few months to figure out how to sleep.

Comment

I can sleep through a nuclear war on a bed of nails.

Comment

Beautiful day yesterday. Went to the gym early and forced myself to stay away until late. Took a sleeping pill when I was dead tired and boom was out for 9 hours. Felt good.

Comment

Were you taking naps before?

Comment

Stress is a huge factor with the mind running non-stop. You have to remind yourself there isn't anything you can realistically do until the sun comes up so you might as well give yourself a break for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                        Were you taking naps before?
                        Not really but if I do I can almost guarantee I wont be sleeping that night.

Comment

What kind of sleeping pill did you take?

Comment

Comment

Chamomile tea.

Comment

Working...
                              X