South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

Wow, I never thought I would read that headline.. ever.. the video is chilling. Not only does he shoot an unarmed man who is posing no danger to him or to anyone else, in the back, but lies about being in fear his life, and plants evidence to implicate the murdered guy.

Sickening... I hope the bastard hangs.

South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder in Black Man’s Death

A white police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder on Tuesday after a video surfaced showing him shooting in the back and killing an apparently unarmed black man while the man ran away.

The officer, Michael T. Slager, 33, said he had feared for his life because the man had taken his stun gun in a scuffle after a traffic stop on Saturday. A video, however, shows the officer firing eight times as the man, Walter L. Scott, 50, fled. The North Charleston mayor announced the state charges at a news conference Tuesday evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqgVlk0NQ

Can't see how it could be justified.

Comment

Arrested, facing 30 years to life.

North Charleston officer faces murder charge after video shows him shooting man in back - Post and Courier

Comment

Based on what I saw of the video that cop was way out of line.

Comment

Yea, in this case, fuck that piece of shit cop. This is the type of cop that gives good cops a bad name. Iv'e known and met many very good people who are cops. They aren't all a bunch of power hungry bullies that social media makes them out to be.

Comment

Horrible. He deserves what he has coming to him. I can't imagine how the inmates will treat a cop in jail.

One thing that bothers me is how the media labels it. WHITE cop killing a BLACK man. Who cares if the cop is white or black. Same thing goes for the man that was shot. It's a tragedy because an unarmed man was killed.

Comment

Jst saw this after I posted the thread, fucking pathetic pos officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                Horrible. He deserves what he has coming to him. I can't imagine how the inmates will treat a cop in jail.

One thing that bothers me is how the media labels it. WHITE cop killing a BLACK man. Who cares if the cop is white or black. Same thing goes for the man that was shot. It's a tragedy because an unarmed man was killed.
                Don't over use the "unarmed" term. That got played out on the Michael Brown bullshit. You can be unarmed and still dangerous.

He was fucking running away and had zero way to cause harm to that officer. Murder, murder, murder. He will have to stay in solitary or he will die quick in prison.

Comment

I agree turbo but armed and running away is slightly different than unarmed and running away. I would still feel threatened if a man had a gun and was running from me. In this situation the cop was in no danger since the man was unarmed and running. That was my point.

Comment

This case aside, we have to remember it's not just about being a threat to the police officer but also if the person is a threat to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
                      This case aside, we have to remember it's not just about being a threat to the police officer but also if the person is a threat to the public.
                      Get those legs moving and chase the guy.

My guess is that this guy has showed his bad qualities in the past, but the brothers in blue are mostly silent about their own.

The militant law enforcer has got to go, time for the peace officer to return. Time for cities and states to stop padding their budget from petty law infractions.

Comment

And I'm not saying shoot if they are running. Just that an officer has a right to shoot for more reasons that just fearing for their own safety. Again not implying this to the above incident.

Comment

The Supreme Court has weighed on this pretty clearly:

From Wikipedia (emphasis mine):

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that, under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Tennessee v. Garner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                          X