Gripper Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripper Suggestions?

I cannot find my old grippers and have decided to upscale with my new grippers. Any suggestions. I have some other IronMind products and like them, what do you all think about their grippers?

Captains of Crush® Grippers

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
    I cannot find my old grippers and have decided to upscale with my new grippers. Any suggestions. I have some other IronMind products and like them, what do you all think about their grippers?

Captains of Crush® Grippers
    Captains of crush are great.

Comment

Excellent choice. Captains of Crush are the gold standard for grippers. If you get to the point of being able to close the #3 or higher from a credit card width starting position then you can setup with Ironmind to have a judge and become a certified Captain of Crush. This is my goal. Another good brand is Gillingham High Performance aka GHP. They also have a certification process but it differs. Either way they both are great grippers.

Comment

They seem to be the best rated

Comment

My old grippers were just some cheap ones I bought at Walmart when I was younger so I could work on my grip for baseball, I cannot remember what lbs they were but I am thinking they were not very much. I am thinking I should probably start out with #1.5 and if that is easy I will either get a #2 or #2.5.
          Last edited by AvidFisherman; 04-09-15, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Typically I recommend 3 grippers to start with. A warm up gripper, working set gripper and goal gripper. Not sure how much grip strength you have but there are few people who can close a #2 with no prior training. I would start with the trainer, 1, and 2 and adjust from there.

Comment

Working...
            X