Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa today

Help us, foreign nationals in Joburg plead | News24

Some terrible scenes occurring which seem to drag the country back. After emancipation and the ending of apartheid the country was expected to move forwards at a rate of knots. Not so, government corruption and huge xenophobia against foreign nationals has seen some of the worst violence in half a century occurring.

Footage of mob attack raises alarm in South Africa - Al Jazeera English

Comment

Written by a young black south african

"This is by far the worst time to be regarded or seen as an African".

I was once proud of who i had become, my Identity, the mark i made within my community.
      So Proud of where i was from... Proud to be seen to be a young black man, and even more proud to be South African...

But now!!!??? Because of you brother!!!!....

All that pride has been taken away from me.*

Disgusted by what i see around me, the color of my skin is no longer good enough, the filth that comes with it is overwhelming.

Because of you!!! i now know that i am capable of so much self hate, the power to hurt, damage, scar and uncontrollable rage towards those who are just like me makes me!!!..

You see it is because of you that i Hate myself so much... It is because of you that i am ashamed of the color of my skin, it is because of you that i don't want to be here, because of you that i can not trust myself, that i can not be true to myself....

See Brother!!!

We've come a long way from being referred to as animals...
      It's been Centuries since the last slave trade...
      Decades since the laws of oppression have been lifted off of our hardened and Broad African Backs

So why are you still Bitter??? Why are you fueled by so much rage???
      When God used Luthuli, Madiba, Ghandi, Hani and all the fearless leaders of our Proud Rainbow to calm the stormy sea that was hard for our Fathers and their fathers to bare alone???

Can't you see brother??

But we are educated now...Is that not supposed to make us Wiser than our father's??... more influential than our ancestors?? and more powerful than the men and women who deprived them of their freedom because now... we can transcend across nations and color??.

But why didn't you open your eyes??... Couldn't you see???... see that we too sit at the same table as they did with their Children's Children??... Can you not see that we are living in a land of equal opportunities!!!???...yeah sure we still had to work hard but could you not see it??*

It's been hard for me to sit here and say this brother!!!*

But!!...*

"You still made This is by far the worst time to be regarded or seen as an African"*

I once was a Proud South African... Strong, Firm, Tall and Black!!*
      But now i am sitting here at this table looking at their facial expressions... as if to say... "We told you so!!! a monkey will always be a monkey"*
      because you took something that was so beautiful and threw it across the face of the Country for the whole world to see...*
      and believe that.
      We are not worth anything more to anyone else if all we are good for is destroying eachother!!!

You have made everyone believe that Being black could either be a gift or a curse!! because you have made.....
      "This is by far the worst time to be in South Africa"

Comment

Working...
      X