Moving tips and advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving tips and advice.

All tips and suggestions are welcomed and needed.

In terms of moving trucks I have a bit of experience with this moving so much in the past few years. Few key points I know:

*End of the month is bad time for moving trucks.

*Holidays is bad time for moving trucks.

*Weekends are bad for moving trucks.

*Drop off destinations can vary price by large amount.

Any other tips or tricks you guys have for saving money let me know.

I hear horror stories about uhaul all the time so I think I'm going to go with either Penske or Budget.

Now on to moving boxes. Any tips on where I can get boxes for free or on the cheap?

For boxes you can probably go to a restraunt and ask for a bunch of boxes. Used to work at a pizza joint and they had a separate dumpster for broke down boxes. Wouldn't have cared if someone wanted them. Decent size boxes too.

Also if you need something like an extra vehicle hauled check into moving it by train. Buddy moved to Texas and did that cheaper than any other way of getting it there.

Comment

You have to get a tow for your car ?

Comment

Haven't moved in 20 years. I haven't got a clue.
        For boxes...I say try your grocery store dumpster. :grin:

Comment

Don't the moving company do an all in one? ,supply boxes a day or two before?

It's just your stuff so no biggie

Comment

You're packing up yourself and driving a truck, right? I like boxes from liquor stores because they are thicker (also smaller, but that's okay for dishes, etc). Grocery stores often have nice boxes as well.

Comment

yeah liquor stores, i usually get mine for a computer store or electrical shop they thow away decent sized ones all the time.

one time i got a perfect size for my fridge.

I reckon pay someone to move it all for you. box it up and get them to load the truck up and drive it. makes life way easier and less stressful.

Comment

Working...
              X