Getting moved in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting moved in

last few weeks have been a nightmare but its all comming together finally. Got the new place out very close to the coast. Old place thats been completly redone. new electric/ pluming, roof, vynal siding over the old shingle siding from the 40's subflooring replaced where needed.. This place was a dump 3 months ago to include a tree thru part of the roof. It was in a bad state of disrepair. It was reworked by a local lady and made into a one of a kind home, using all the original red cypress walls and hard wood floors. Then customized to look like an old country home. It sets on 2 acres that are heavly treed and high ground. Its 1/2 mile straight thru the woods to undeveloped coast. and salt marsh. 2 miles to the loacl boat ramp to the ocean. only one neighbor on one side but thru woods to them..1/2 mile of road to the next neighbor. surrounded by 300 acres of woods on my side of road in a trust and across the street is a 2 mile long strech of woods to the coast in a conservation tract of some kind that is not supposed to be developed for a 100 year lease..

New amazing Girl, we knew each other as teenagers..who is the best thing to happen to me in a long time..new home and a new start in life.things are looking good...:thumb:

Here are a few pics of the place...still have a long way to go but we are getting settled in slowly..one step at a time.. Just under 1800 sq ft and on 2 Acres

The fireplace is original to the house and is a working fireplace

Notice paddle porch...

Back yard..

Master bed...vaulted hardwood celing..

Master bath..also has a walk in shower

one of 3 bedrooms..notice closet doors..like old barn doors..all closets are like this..all big walk ins

sliding door for 2nd bath...notice door handle...lots of handles like this for coastal feel

custom made sink in 2nd bath

kitchen

kitchen...sink is zink...old horse trouth..converted..all reclaimied barn wood for countertops..

sink

living room all the wood is original to house on walls/ celing..red cypress from the 1940's

Its got 3 bedrooms..2 baths a den, kitchen, and living rooom. Plus outside has a large tinroof open pole barn Im gonna convert half into a garage workshop and sheri will have other half converted into her work office..Also as an edit I forgot to add a very large laundry room..
    Last edited by lipripper; 04-27-15, 09:30 AM.

place looks beautiful brother! spotless.

got any pics of the before? would be interesting to see how far it's come.

happy for ya my man.

Comment

Thanks bro..Supposed to get a photo album/ or a cd from lady who designed it and did the work. She supposedly has pics from before...during all stages of demo and repair to finish. It may be a while untill I get it but when I do Ill get some up... trust me when I first walked thru it...I was ..no fucking way....Im really glad I listened to Sheri On this..she had the vision and could see it...I was gonna walk away from it.. it was that bad..

The lady who did this has done others in the area..shes very talented and has a hell of a reputation in the area. I must admitt I was very surprized and happy with the outcome.

Comment

Looks awesome man! Happy for you! The location sounds perfect.

Is that a Kubota sitting outside?

How cold are the winters? Would you put a wood stove insert in your fireplace?

Comment

Looking good brother... good to see you taking care of yourself after making the sacrifices all these years!

Comment

Looks like it was redone with you in mind. Good for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
              Looks awesome man! Happy for you! The location sounds perfect.

Is that a Kubota sitting outside?

How cold are the winters? Would you put a wood stove insert in your fireplace?
              Thanks bro...tractor is one of the contractors that was working on house..I wish it went with it... Winters here in South GA aint bad..we will just use fireplace on occassion in winter for movie night...:grin:

Comment

Looks great.

congrats.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Nice slice of heaven you got there bro.

Comment

Awesome man! Shit, it wasnt that long ago you made the big decision...glad to see things are going great for you so fast! Place looks and sounds perfect for you brother

Comment

May I ask how much something like that would cosy and where abouts it is, not exactly but I'm always really interested in real estate

Comment

Congrats on the new place and the new lady lip. :thumup:

Comment

Very nice! Looks very peaceful . Good luck man.

Comment

nice house bro im jealous looks awesome. sounds like a sweet spot as well

Comment

Working...
                              X