Lenovo sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo sucks

Iv'e always had lenovo computers cause I've always though they were just that much better then companies like dell, hp etc..

The other day my Lenovo laptop has some critical errors when doing some updates and it just fucked the whole computer up. Only thing that would fix it was a factory fresh install. Lenovo doesn't supply the windows disk anymore but instead they store the factory image on a partitioned part of the disk. Thats all well and good until you can't do a reinstall of that either because of the critical errors.

So I figure I'll just call lenovo and request they send me the disk so I can boot from the cd drive and reinstall everything. Little did I know they would charge me $100 for such a disk.. Cock suckers. Not paying $100 to reinstall on a 5 year old laptop.

Instead, I ordered a 32gig flash drive for $15 and I'm going to torrent the reinstall file and boot from the flash drive once the file is installed I can enter my legit product key that came with my computer.

Good thing I have my backup netbook with all my files or I woulda been fucked. This litte $125 acer atom processor netbook is a bit slow but it gets the job done and has saved my ass twice from that POS core i5 $750 lenovo.

In short, fuck lenovo. They want to charge you $100 for something you already paid for when you bought the computer in the first place.

And they wonder why people torrent things. If these companies would only realize that people will pay reasonable and fair $s if they stop screwing the customers...

Comment

That's what sucks. All the manufactures do that and a lot aren't even having dvd drives anymore. Definitely can leave you in a pinch.

Comment

I have always had a good experience with Lenovo. I bought a computer in 2012 and had some update issues. I sent it in and told them that I need recovery disks. They sent me the disks because I bitched.

Comment

Got it working again after an all day affair of downloading, updating, and transfering files.

Had to download the windows iso image and then a program to make the image bootable from disk. Also had to download all the drivers from lenovo.

Very long story short, I'm cruzing along now on a fresh install of windows 10 build 10074.

Comment

Working...
          X