Patriot Act Expires - Fear Tactics begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot Act Expires - Fear Tactics begin

“Terrorist elements” are watching today’s Senate Patriot Act vote [Update] | Ars Technica

Great day to be an American! :USA:

But it can get worse. Mitch McConnell and his henchmen are planning an even more insidious version that requires the phone companies instead of the government to store the metadata.

On the face of it, this sounds like a great idea. Not so. Now, the model is that the government can recruit companies in the private sector to do their dirty work for them. This is a dangerous and slippery slope. Be afraid, very afraid. And vote these idiots who support such bills out of office.

Comment

I love how people on here think now

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
        I love how people on here think now

Comment

I called my senator today and told him that he better not be supporting this USA Act or whatever the hell it is called. Or he will face my wrath at the next election lol...

Comment

Scrim under my influence you are finally beginning to learn of life

This is a moment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
              Scrim under my influence you are finally beginning to learn of life

This is a moment

Comment

I'm no libertarian, and I don't agree with Rand Paul's positions on social issues but damn, I've got to give the guy credit for a principled stand on Constitutional issues. I am fairly liberal and I typically vote Democrat and I must say I am VERY disappointed with Obama with the whole NSA surveillance stuff. Still can't believe he allowed the 4th Amendment to be scoffed at in this manner.

I would vote for Rand Paul (and GOP for the first time in my life) if he would change his reproductive rights position and come out strongly for vaccination - it is a shame he would take a vague position on this given that he is a doctor.

Comment

As you say it will be replaced possibly by worse

But at least it's being talked about and IMO this is more thanks to social media

Comment

coincidently the watchdog 'report' about failed TSA airport screenings was released...timing is suspicious.

fear mongering lol

Acting TSA head reassigned after watchdog report reveals airport security failings | Fox News

Comment

Cause and affect

Make problem to get reaction requiring your pre planned solution

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                        coincidently the watchdog 'report' about failed TSA airport screenings was released...timing is suspicious.

fear mongering lol

Acting TSA head reassigned after watchdog report reveals airport security failings | Fox News
                        The TSA is a government jobs program disguised as security. It is purely theater and exists only to frustrate and violate the rights of travelers.
                        War on Terror, War on Drugs, War on.............pick a buzzword. It isn't a war, it is a waste. Time, money, and resources are wasted on these "wars".

Comment

Working...
                        X