Summer vacation plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
    Heading to Indian Rocks Beach, FL for a week in July. Renting a condo on the beach. Usually we go to either a MD or NJ beach. Never liked them but they are only 3-4 hours away. Thought we would try something different this year. Much nicer beach but I'm sure it will be much hotter too!
    never heard of that...what part of Fla? west coast Im assuming??

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
      never heard of that...what part of Fla? west coast Im assuming??
      Yep. 30 minutes west of Tampa airport and 30 minutes south of Clearwater. More of a remote area compared to the beaches of Clearwater.

Crazy part is, it's the same cost for airfare, condo rental, and car rental as it is for a week at Ocean City, MD or NJ. Cray!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
        Yep. 30 minutes west of Tampa airport and 30 minutes south of Clearwater. More of a remote area compared to the beaches of Clearwater.

Crazy part is, it's the same cost for airfare, condo rental, and car rental as it is for a week at Ocean City, MD or NJ. Cray!
        West coast of Fla is great bro..:thumb:

Comment

Finalized our big road trip for August... Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP. Will also stop by Craters of the Moon NM, but probably won't spend enough time there to do it justice!

Comment

How many days are you taking to do this trip?

Comment

About 10 days. We are leaving on Jul 31, should be back home on the 9th of Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                Finalized our big road trip for August... Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP. Will also stop by Craters of the Moon NM, but probably won't spend enough time there to do it justice!

10 days for 1700 miles!? I did 2100 in 2 days! :D

That's gonna be an awesome trip!

Comment

Haha.. no way I am driving 10 hours a day. We will sleep in Twin Falls, ID on the first night, so that will be an 8 hour drive, which is 2 hours longer than I would have liked - don't like to drive more than 4-6 hours a day. But we had to do that to be able to do Craters of the Moon early in the morning. That first day's drive will be the longest. We will get to Grand Teton on the afternoon of the 2nd day, so we will be spending about 8 days just tooling around Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Goal is to spend most of the time out on the trails, not in a car.

Comment

Crazy Horse died on my birthday, September 5 and I have been always fascinated by the man and deeply affected by the tragedy of the colonization of American West in the 19th century. I really want to visit the Little Bighorn National Battlefield and Cemetery when we exit Yellowstone through the North entrance, but it will add another 7 hours to the trip and I can't justify dragging everyone along for what is essentially a deeply personal quest. It may have to wait for another time, maybe for a solo trip.

Comment

I've been to crazy horse mountain in south Dakota. They were still working on it when I was there in the late 90's. I think they still are. Lol

Comment

Crazy Horse died on my birthday, September 5 and I have been always fascinated by the man and deeply affected by the tragedy of the colonization of American West in the 19th century. I really want to visit the Little Bighorn National Battlefield and Cemetery when we exit Yellowstone through the North entrance, but it will add another 7 hours to the trip and I can't justify dragging everyone along for what is essentially a deeply personal quest. It may have to wait for another time, maybe for a solo trip.

I see the opposite of what you stated. I think 7 hours is nothing in comparison to what it brings for you. It's something you feel strongly about seeing, and you are ONLY 7 hours from seeing it. Sometimes we put things off because we think they are "no big deal" or selfish, when in reality your family might enjoy it just as much as you - especially if they already know the reasons. ;)

Comment

Agree FB.

Scrum stop being a bitch.

Comment

I'm paying to work for free. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                              I'm paying to work for free. Ha.
                              Why?

Comment

Why?

The beauty of a career in the medical field (school)! :P

Comment

Working...
                                X