Why are Craigslist sellers so flaky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Craigslist sellers so flaky?

Is it too much to ask to answer your damn email within 48 hours or pick up your f$%king phone or even set up your voicemail so I can leave a goddamn message?

And can you take down your f$%king ad after your vehicle has sold so that I'm not wasting my time wading through sold goods?

For crying out loud, is that too much to ask?

Sorry, had to vent! :(

Fuck that site. Feels dirty and dangerous. I'm an amazon type fella. When I sell something like my PS3 I use eBay.

Comment

I must've bought and sold a million dollar worth of shit on Craigslist and no problems so far. Must be the laid back Oregon attitude. Lol.

Actually every once in a while when you make a post on Craigslist your email account sends the emails from Craigslist in to the spam box and if you don't know that you'll be missing all the inquiries and wondering why no body calling you about your car. Lol.

Bouncer fyi, you can't buy a fifteen year old car from Amazon. :grin:

And fuck all the eBay scammers.

Comment

If it's not one thing, it's another. Like not listing mileage. Why the hell is going to even give your used vehicle a second look if you don't list the single most important thing a seller will be interested in? :retard:

Comment

Usually means it's scary high miles and they think if you like the way the truck looks you'd just give them a call and ask for it. Then they'll give you some story about how great it runs and all that bs. :grin:

Comment

I buy and sell all the time on cl. When you're looking to buy a vehicle in that price range I have found it is very difficult to get the sellers to respond.

What are you looking for Scrum?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
              I buy and sell all the time on cl. When you're looking to buy a vehicle in that price range I have found it is very difficult to get the sellers to respond.

What are you looking for Scrum?
              I'm looking for a reliable 4x4 SUV that I can take into the backcountry on dirt roads to some backpacking trailheads in Eastern Oregon. I was thinking of something like the Toyota 4runnner. I was hoping to find something decent around say 180K or so for maybe under 5 grand. I've got a few hits on CL but a lot of them don't have repair or maintenance records. I'm in no hurry, so I'm just waiting for the right rig to pop up.

Comment

Look for something arounf $3500 knowing you'll have to spend another $1500 within the next year on it. lol I've bought and sold a lot of used 4x4's on CL.

The good thing is you're not in any hurry. I was the same way when I bought mine in January. I found a 2001 Blazer with 81K miles and got it for $1900. I usually keep them for a couple years and then sell them and make a profit. I've only had to put $600 into mine so far and hoping that's it. It's always a gamble when buying a vehicle like that.

Comment

in NY there pretty shitty too. I don't use it my friends co-works fucking hate selling shit through it. horror stories, meeting in parking lots, ridiculous requests, low balling etc..

Comment

It seems you either get people that are really great or realllly crappy. When I moved out of my condo I sold all of my furniture. Everyone that bought my stuff was great. But I did have one lady call me at 11PM asking if I'd trade my TV for her fish tank. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X