Needless to say-I'm leaving Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needless to say-I'm leaving Verizon

AT&T is where I'll be going this afternoon. I truly believe they(Verizon)are slowing my bandwidth since I'm unlimited everything and usually every month, I'm doing about 10/16gigs a month of data. It's gotten to the point where I've basically have flung my phone at the walls and phone is almost broken; broke the camera already :retard:

Verizon wins and I'm leaving. It's too frustrating for me to continue on, this is bs.

It's called throttling, once you hit around 5-8 gigs they slow your speed way down to about a 3rd of normal LTE. Bad news is ATT does this also.

Comment

I have yet to have any issues with throttling. I use 88-98% of my 10 gig plan every month and get the same speeds consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
        I have yet to have any issues with throttling. I use 88-98% of my 10 gig plan every month and get the same speeds consistently.
        its the "unlimited" plans that cause problems. it's never really unlimited.

Comment

Didn't one of the companies just get hit with a huge fine for doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Bad news is ATT does this also.
            If they do I don't know about it. Between the wife and the kids I literally go through 40 gigs of data every month and never slowed down a bit.
            But then again could be because I have a 40 gig data plan not unlimited.

Every once in a while I have a gig or two left over at the end of the month. :grin:

Comment

Got another Samsung, the new galaxy s6 edge in gold. I've had the s5, note and now this one; nice phone for sure.

I switched over. Kind of bummed because I've been with Verizon for so long and I have enjoyed the service I've received. Just in the recent year it's gone to shit in terms of service for me, one thing after another. Got to my breaking point and before I break another phone from frustration, I jumped with att.

Just have to be more mindful of using wifi more often. I also like the rollover data of what I don't use.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                its the "unlimited" plans that cause problems. it's never really unlimited.
                It is unlimited, they just throttle you. Once you hit 10 gigs, is when it starts. I'm paying about $20 less now, but that really doesn't matter. Hopefully I'll be happy with them and seems no reason why i wouldn't.

All these fucking companies can eat shit. They all practice the same sneaky techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                  Got another Samsung, the new galaxy s6 edge in gold. I've had the s5, note and now this one; nice phone for sure.

I switched over. Kind of bummed because I've been with Verizon for so long and I have enjoyed the service I've received. Just in the recent year it's gone to shit in terms of service for me, one thing after another. Got to my breaking point and before I break another phone from frustration, I jumped with att.

Just have to be more mindful of using wifi more often. I also like the rollover data of what I don't use.

I thought it was Sprint you had been with for so many years?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                    I thought it was Sprint you had been with for so many years?
                    Oh man were have you been lol..I had sprint back when the boards were starting, then left to verizon(after 9yrs with sprint)because sprint customer service was horrific, but service to me was top notch. Verizon was good to me for those upcoming years, but just had the last straw with them and here's why;

I have a home and an apt in New England. My home is in a residential yuppy area called Westin. They don't like cell towers there very much and anyone that practically lives there and has a cell, pretty much is fucked...especially if you have Verizon, att is better.

Now when I'm at my apt in Boston, well that's the city and I could have a fucking prepaid phone and it would work. Long story short, I'm home more than my apt. So reception, texting, etc was getting a bit much for me. Now with att it's been like night and day. Att has towers sheer I'm at because they've been there for years now. As Verizon tried to expand and so did att, towers we're not allowed anymore.

Comment

I hate NIMBYs.

Comment

I hate when people say 'needless to say'. If it is needless to say then why fucking say it :D

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                          I hate when people say 'needless to say'. If it is needless to say then why fucking say it :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                            Shut up cunt

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                              AT&T is where I'll be going this afternoon. I truly believe they(Verizon)are slowing my bandwidth since I'm unlimited everything and usually every month, I'm doing about 10/16gigs a month of data. It's gotten to the point where I've basically have flung my phone at the walls and phone is almost broken; broke the camera already :retard:

Verizon wins and I'm leaving. It's too frustrating for me to continue on, this is bs.

Att is under law suit for the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X