Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black teen saves white lady from kidnapping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black teen saves white lady from kidnapping.

Lot of problems in this world and it's easy to take the attitude that "its all going to shit". Maybe every once in awhile we should stop and appreciate the nice things in life that people do.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/quick...get&id=0&data=

We were just talking about that last night. Watch the news and get immediately depressed and think the world is a tragedy. But every day there are many, many people doing amazing things for others.

So in other words, FK the news.

Comment

Agree 1000%. The world has it's problems but there are many great things going on in the world like never before. No matter what decade your in you always have people with the attitude.. "back in my day things were so much better". It's just not always the case.

Comment

And whats sad is that this thread will go nowhere and it will get a few replies but thats about it.

Some tragic event = a 4 page thread about drama, hate, guns, murder, politics, death, etc.. Fuck all that. I'm not saying ignore the bad... I'm saying don't forget the good.

Comment

The news/media has a stupid ass way of portraying our country like a pos when in reality, there more goods than bads in our country. I saw this the other day, good for him!

Comment

Why can't it simply be "teen saves woman"?

We all know the answer to that...

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
              Why can't it simply be "teen saves woman"?

We all know the answer to that...
              in this case its a good thing. it shows the contrast. we are so used to "white cops shoots black teen" or "black teen kills someone". associating race with something positive is a good thing in the face of so much negative.

Comment

That's the problem and my point. The media spins it so often the other way that you have to make an effort to create said contrast.

Comment

Well for even more contrast it's a black Canadian. May be nothing may be something. The point being it's black American that gives all blacks a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                  X