A thinking person's news analysis website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thinking person's news analysis website

I think most people here know that I view Glenn Greenwald as one of the foremost intellectuals alive today. He is the heir apparent to Noam Chomsky as the professor is well into his eighties. For people who may not know, Greenwald is a constitutional lawyer turned reporter who was the person who revealed Edward Snowden's information to the public and took the lid off the extensive NSA spying program on US citizens. He is featured on the Snowden documentary "Citizenfour," also highly recommended, and is the author of several books, all of which are excellent.

Greenwald has an online news website called the Intercept. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Read and learn! Reality is far far from what conventional media would have you believe.

https://theintercept.com/

How would you say it compares to fox news bro? ;)

Comment

I'll check it out now and then. Good info on the stuff you mentioned but is surely politically biased toward the left. Quick search on Koch brothers pulled up 20 articles while Soros was only mentioned in 2. Billionaire donors on both sides of the political spectrum need to be outed more for the system to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        How would you say it compares to fox news bro? ;)
        Lol

Comment

Greenwald is actually a vocal proponent of transparency of government and for citizen's privacy. His basic position is - The people should always know what the government is up to, and the government should not have the right to pry into what people are up to. He is definitely a critic of US government policies, regardless of whether it is Republican or Democrat. He has actually criticized the Obama administration extensively on their foreign policy as well as on their domestic spying.

Comment

Working...
          X