2016 GMC Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 GMC Sierra

I've always said that if I were to ever have a truck it would probably be a ford F series. Iv'e always liked how they looked. Never really thought other trucks look all that great. But I must say, there is something about this new GMC I really like. If I lived on a ranch or a farm I think I'd have one. It doesn't exactly "flow" in terms of design but it's very utilitarian looking IMO.

The General Motors K2XX trucks are now two years into their production cycle and are competing against the year-newer 2015 Ford F-150. So it wasn’t entirely unexpected that the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra would get a refresh for the 2016 model year. GMC chose the truck mecca of the Texas State Fair to showcase its updates to the Sierra for the new model year. We’ve already seen the truck’s facelift, featuring expanded usage of LED lighting. For the Fair, GMC is showing off an updated Elevation Edition model.

Offered exclusively on the double cab model, the Elevation goes for the monochrome look with body-color moldings, door handles, mirror caps grille surround and bumpers. For rolling stock, the Elevation gets 20-inch black-painted wheels and tires. On the inside, a new 7-inch touchscreen head unit incorporates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, allowing drivers to mirror many of the key functions of their smartphone directly into the vehicle. The OnStar 4G LTE hotspot is optional on the Elevation. Remote keyless entry and locking tailgate, heated outside rearview mirrors, 110V AC power outlet, and a six-speaker audio system are standard on the Elevation.

The 4.3L EcoTec3 V-6 is standard, with the 5.3L V-8 optional and a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,400 pounds on 2WD models. The 2016 Elevation Edition will be available in dealerships in the first quarter of 2016.

2016 GMC Sierra Elevation Unveiled At Texas State Fair

My father in law has the 2015 model and its a incredibly comfortable and smooth driving pick up. Huge though. Feels like sitting on a big comfy leather couch enclosed in a giant fancy metal box with all the creature comforts at your finger tips. It floats over rough surfaces and bumps. I never gave them a second thought but they deserve it. Nice trucks.

I borrowed it this past weekend to pick up some sod. When I dropped it off and got back into the Explorer it felt so small.

Comment

I have a 2011 and it's pretty nice, I haven't got stuck in the snow once.

Comment

Crazy how expensive trucks are. My dad is currently looking at the new F150's and he said to get it fully loaded will be $60K. Even older trucks really hold their value. I always have a beater vehicle to pull things and for snow but always end up with an SUV because I can justify the cost of a truck for a secondary vehicle.

Comment

We have a 2015, but it's a dually. It's BIG, lol. We also have a Ford F-150, which feels much smaller in comparison. But they are both very nice.

Comment

Thats a damn nice truck. I also happen to like that monochrome look as well. I think its really sharp.

Comment

Working...
            X