iPhone Users - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Users - Help

I think I already know the answer is a big fat NO, but.....

Is there any way to set an automatic reply to incoming texts? I feel like it's really stupid that this isn't an option. When we go out of town, my bf wants to be able to set an automatic reply for the millions of texts he'll get regarding his business.

I'm pretty sure it isn't an option when you using iMessage.

Comment

http://www.addictivetips.com/ios/set...toresponder-2/

Comment

For iOS 6? He is probably on 8 or 9.

Comment

So look for the updated app

Comment

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be one. This seems like such a simple thing that I would have sworn already existed. :mad:

Comment

Weird. There seem to be a half dozen apps to do this on the Android side. Strange there isn't anything on iPhone. Usually, there is something equivalent on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                Weird. There seem to be a half dozen apps to do this on the Android side. Strange there isn't anything on iPhone. Usually, there is something equivalent on both sides.
                I think the iMessage lockdown is the culprit. Apple doesn't want perfection messed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                  I think the iMessage lockdown is the culprit. Apple doesn't want perfection messed with.
                  LOL.. I hate closed source. As a person working in hi tech, there's nothing better than an environment that is controlled, yet allows developers the freedom to tinker and push the envelope.

Comment

I'm fine with Apple not wanting anyone else to bother it, and I don't blame them. But why don't they have it as an option! Text is a very common way to communicate these days, and there are a lot of people using their iPhones for business. Just seems like something that would get a lot of usage.

Comment

Working...
                    X