X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon bans sale of Chromecast and Apple TV

Feels wrong...

Amazon Just Banned the Sale of Google Chromecast and Apple TV

I saw this just a couple of days after I was going to order a Chromecast. I got one through Amazon before but couldn't find a single one when I looked the other day. Now I see why.

Comment

It's the way they are going about it that pisses me off. They say it's "to avoid customer confusion" instead of just being honest and saying they are a competitor.

To me it's exactly the same as amazon saying, "we think the customer is stupid and you are only allowed to buy our product now". This to me is a horrible business move that I think they will regret.

Comment

I don't think this particular decision will effect their business to the point of regret.

Comment

Amazon is supposed to be a marketplace. Imagine if target stopped selling gillet shaving cream because they have their own brand of shaving cream now. Fuck that. Horrible business move.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
            I don't think this particular decision will effect their business to the point of regret.
            Probably right but what could this lead to? Can't buy a PS4 from amazon because they have their own gaming machine? Not my idea of a "marketplace". It then just becomes the amazon store like an apple store where you go to buy specific product. ehhhh.

Comment

I was actually going to ask a similar question...

Can you still get other manufacturer tablets on Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                I was actually going to ask a similar question...

Can you still get other manufacturer tablets on Amazon?
                looks like it. i just found some samsung, asus stuff.

but fire tabs are all over the place in the top spots even if you search for other brands.

It's one thing if the fire tab was good but by all accounts its garbage.

i'm a huge fan of amazon but this shit could change everything if they dont listen to the customer.

Comment

If they follow suit with that train of thought on all products then I could see a serious problem surfacing for their business.

The fire tabs are pure shit. We have 2 that I let the kids play with because they're otherwise useless.

Comment

What's behind Amazon

Comment

Working...
                    X