Had an oh shit moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an oh shit moment

Last night after getting out of work I got out to the swamps for an afternoon hunt..hump back into the swamp, get to my spot and start climbing my tree...about 15 ft up my stand broke. Talk about an oh shit moment..:laugh: fucking heart went into my throat as I started off the right side of the stand, I reached out and grabbed my safety line and caught my balance.:thumb: I didnt leave the stand but thankfully I was wearing the safety harness.:grin:

Since the top half(seat) was broken I had to bear hug tree and shimmy down a few feet at a time using the platform(bottom) untill I got back to ground level..fun shit...

Sorry Bouncer..im still here:wave::wave::wave:

Pics...

Lip, is that a walmart special tree stand? lol Thankfully you didn't hurt yourself man! I usually wear my harness but I find it gets in my way for archery zo I don't always wear it. I should. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
      Lip, is that a walmart special tree stand? lol Thankfully you didn't hurt yourself man! I usually wear my harness but I find it gets in my way for archery zo I don't always wear it. I should. :D
      Naw Bro and old man stand..Been hunting them for about 18 years and never had an issue..

bro...wear that harness..your kids need you way more then it being an inconvience when hunting:agreed::agreed:...Dont be ..THAT GUY...:noo::noo: I would have been...

Comment

I need a pic of the whole thing to understand what your talking about. I get that it's a stand but what exactly broke? A support pipe? Is the stand the size of like a tree house or smaller?

Comment

here ya go bro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF5ESVMC9k8

Comment

ah so its just a little step type thing. yea you could have gotten fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              ah so its just a little step type thing. yea you could have gotten fucked up.
              I was climbing with all weight on top portion bringing up the bottom portion, when the top piece broke. Normally I hunt about 25 to 30 ft high..I was on my way up..lol

Comment

So you went over it's weight limit you think or just old stand?

Comment

Stand is rated for 300..Im about 205 right now.. about 5 years old This should not have happened. I e-mailed the company set them pics..want them to be aware of it..hate to think of this happening to someone else and them not be wearing a harness.. hope to hear back from them.

edit...this isnt a el cheapo stand either..it was a top brand and at the time their best one..I paid about $300. for it.

Comment

How they respond will tell you all you need to know about the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      I need a pic of the whole thing to understand what your talking about. I get that it's a stand but what exactly broke? A support pipe? Is the stand the size of like a tree house or smaller?

lol, 9 close ups and I had no idea what was going on either

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                        lol, 9 close ups and I had no idea what was going on either
                        you and Bouncer need to get out more:laugh::laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                          you and Bouncer need to get out more:laugh::laugh:

I went hunting once. That's more than he can say :P

Comment

I'm an urban hunter. ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X