Alcohol, what's your flavor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol, what's your flavor?

What's your drink of choice? I've gotten into Scotch recently, I've heard bourbon is a bit sweeter so I may give that a try in the future.

I find that it helps me relax a bit at the end of the day when I can't seem to "turn it off". I'm not talking anything crazy, just a small glass of scotch on the rocks does the trick. Anyone else?

Seems like today even that question alone makes you sound like some kind of person with a potential problem yet people are pounding anxiety pills and depression meds left and right.

Any good suggestions on scotch or bourbon I'm all ears.

No help on scotch or bourbon (although i always like me some jim beam)...but lately i've been on a "sailor jerry's" kick. If u like capt morgan, this is a much better more potent version of that. Like mine straight up out of the freezer

Comment

You're speaking my language. I love bourbon; neat, rocks, or mixed. An old school egg white whiskey sour is one of the best cocktails you'll ever have.

My favorite is Basil Hayden. Goes down like water. $50

Makers Mark is a great (commercial) affordable bourbon. $25

Eagle Rare 17. Sweet and smooth. $30

Elijah Craig small batch. A little more kick due to higher proof but still smooth. $30

Back to the egg white sour. Sounds gross but I promise you, it's like silk going down. The egg white smooths out the sour of the lemon and kick of the bourbon and makes it a delicious dangerous cocktail. Dangerous because each drink has 2 oz of bourbon and the go down quick in a social environment. Next thing you know you've had 3-4 and you're shitty lol.

I like whiskey because you can just have a small tumbler on the rocks to take off the edge of a stressful day without the bloat of beer.

http://m.instructables.com/id/Egg-Wh...Sour/?ALLSTEPS

Comment

Bunch of fucking alcoholics around here

Comment

Booze is like filling the gas tank of a Ferrari with piss. Lol

Comment

I like real moonshine or rum. Kraken is good stuff and good price too. Not into scotch really.

Comment

^ Moonshine and Rum?? What a fucking Hillbilly

Comment

I have a couple bottles of these. I love ale's but can't drink more than one beer or else I feel too bloated. One with a meal from time to time is about all I drink.

Comment

^ I like pumpkin anything I'm gonna have to check that out!

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                    ^ I like pumpkin anything I'm gonna have to check that out!
                    It's good stuff. Let me know what you think.

Comment

I've gotten into gin lately. I really like Hendricks with tonic and a squeeze of lemon. My dad drinks gin and tonic and that's two things I swore were disgusting, haha.

I like Kraken as well, with ginger ale.

Comment

Never had kraken or even heard of it. I'll have to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                          You're speaking my language. I love bourbon; neat, rocks, or mixed. An old school egg white whiskey sour is one of the best cocktails you'll ever have.

My favorite is Basil Hayden. Goes down like water. $50

Makers Mark is a great (commercial) affordable bourbon. $25

Eagle Rare 17. Sweet and smooth. $30

Elijah Craig small batch. A little more kick due to higher proof but still smooth. $30

Back to the egg white sour. Sounds gross but I promise you, it's like silk going down. The egg white smooths out the sour of the lemon and kick of the bourbon and makes it a delicious dangerous cocktail. Dangerous because each drink has 2 oz of bourbon and the go down quick in a social environment. Next thing you know you've had 3-4 and you're shitty lol.

I like whiskey because you can just have a small tumbler on the rocks to take off the edge of a stressful day without the bloat of beer.

Egg White Whiskey Sour - All
                          Originally posted by redback View Post
                          Bunch of fucking alcoholics around here
                          And scientists, docs, psychotherapists, world class bbrs and tons of tools:thumb:

Comment

I don't drink beer anymore and very rare if I do..wine or gin for me...this is my drink with gin.

Bombay Sapphire, fresh citrus, star anise alongside a small bottle of Fever-Tree premium(reduced calorie one) tonic water.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                              Never had kraken or even heard of it. I'll have to try it.

It's a black spiced rum. You can also pair it with ginger beer for a Dark n' Stormy.

Comment

Working...
                              X