Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How pole dancing taught this woman to love her body

I can see why she would love her body, what a thing of beauty.. :retard:

Pole fitness classes have exploded in popularity in recent years — and for good reason. The moves required in a pole dancing class require a tremendous amount of core and upper body strength.

Those who regularly attend pole classes will tell you that with experience comes a huge surge in confidence at knowing exactly what their bodies can do. That's especially the case for Missouri-based pole dancer Eda Marbury.

The 25-year-old found pole classes and they turned her life around after battles with anorexia and overeating. Marbury, who started classes when she weighed 330 pounds, was intimidated when she first walked in to class.

"When I walked into the pole dancing studio for the first time I weighed 330 pounds and the entire room was covered in mirrors. It was quite a shock," she told Barcroft Media. "I was in denial about how much weight I had put on and how I looked."

She stuck with it and has since lost 65 pounds — and, even better, the classes have given her confidence she didn't have before. "Before I started pole I wouldn’t wear makeup, I didn’t like to take the time to look after myself. But now I feel more confident and I have friends. The way I dress has changed, and I’ve started to care a little bit more about what I’m wearing and how I do my hair."

Bonus: Her husband loves her new moves, too.

"Her pole dancing is sexy to me. I know a lot of people don’t like it and a lot of people talk bad about it and frankly I don’t care," Terrick Marbury said.

And Marbury proves that feeling happy, sexy and confident is something all of us deserve, no matter our sizes or background. "It makes her feel sexy, it makes her feel happy and that’s what I like about it," Terrick said.

I think it's the wrong message to send to people who are so out of shape that "we should love our bodies". It justifies and makes acceptable something that shouldn't be acceptable. It's like a get out of jail free card for the fat and lazy.

I'm not implying they should be depressed and cry all day. I'm implying they should have a healthy will to change. You should not "love" looking like a pile of shit.

Comment

I think "we should love our bodies" enough to take care of them. Not accept them for whatever YOU make them look like. I don't think it's anyone else's place to shame someone, but taking care of your body is what is right because it's your health/life at stake. It isn't for what everyone else may like or dislike about your external appearance.

Comment

Damn, she's hot! Those thieghs...mmm mmm mmm!

Comment

Working...
        X