Bodybuilding Couple Starved, Abused Horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding Couple Starved, Abused Horses

As a chiseled Florida couple were pumping up for bodybuilding competitions, the animals on their ranch were nearly starved to death, authorities say.

Milagros Cowan, 50, was arraigned Friday. She faces four misdemeanor counts of animal abuse and her 48-year-old husband Alex Paez faces similar charges, after authorities raided their South Florida home in May, according to the Miami Herald.

Both are scheduled for a trial in December.

The Sun Sentinel reports that they faced similar animal abuse charges four years ago, which were dropped after they completed a pre-trial program for first time offenders.

The ripped couple have traveled across the country to compete in muscle matches. Paez flaunted his physique in a 2015 NPC Miami Muscle Beach competition, according to his bodybuilding profile.

The same horse was one of the three that were rescued from the ranch in May. The animal reportedly had ribs protruding from its skin when officials arrived.

"I wish the police would spend more time on human victims, and child victims, than on horses who skipped a meal,"Cowan's lawyer Alexander Michaels told the Herald.

According to the South Florida Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SFSPCA), the ranch grounds were cluttered and filthy, and the stables were filled with trash and debris.

"One horse could barely walk because its hooves hadn't been trimmed in at least a year," SFSPCA's Scott Schrofronick told the Daily News.

The horses were seized and turned over to SFSPCA, according to NBC Miami.

“They’re doing well. They’ve gained a lot of weight,” caretaker Laurie Waggoner told the Herald, “They’re friendly now. Before, you couldn’t touch them. They were completely wild.”

Bodybuilding Couple Starved, Abused Horses: Cops

Comment from the attorney: "I wish the police would spend more time on human victims, and child victims, than on horses who skipped a meal,"Cowan's lawyer Alexander Michaels told the Herald."

It is my opinion that this attorney and the couple should be executed immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Comment from the attorney: "I wish the police would spend more time on human victims, and child victims, than on horses who skipped a meal,"Cowan's lawyer Alexander Michaels told the Herald."

It is my opinion that this attorney and the couple should be executed immediately.
      Skipped a meal? I want to see his (most likely overweight) ass become emaciated to that point. Awful.

Comment

Thats fucked up

Comment

Misdemeanors? Wtf? Should be felonies.

Comment

Pieces of shit. How anybody could do such a thing is just sickening...to watch an animal slowly die like that-over such a long period of starvation and neglect is beyond me. Bet those poor animals didnt have much longer. Hope they're never allowed to have any pets again for the rest of their lives. But with misdemeanors they probably will :noo:

Comment

I know how this story went down. woman: "I want a horse" man: "I don't want a horse but if you're getting one you're taking care of it, I want nothing to do with it" woman "ok"...woman comes home with more than one horse "but they looked so cute" woman gets tired of taking care of them and man sticks to his guns about not taking care of them. Next thing you know they are under arrest. Man is shaking his head.

Trying to inject a little humor into an awful situation. Same thing happened to me just with dogs except I stepped in to take care of them when she quit stepping up so they never got neglected.

Comment

Just last week about 2 miles up the road from me some sicko massacred a prized show horse. The owner brought it from Europe just a few weeks prior. Only pieces were left. Some think they did it for the meat.

Comment

Sophisticated euro horse brought to Florida and you hickbillers eat the fucken thing. Christ almighty.

Comment

Turds

Comment

They should be freaking shot man.
                      Actually no, they should be put in a cell, starved, not allowed to groom at all, and be forced to live in their own filth.
                      The pictures of those poor horses make me sick as well as making me extremely angry.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                        Just last week about 2 miles up the road from me some sicko massacred a prized show horse. The owner brought it from Europe just a few weeks prior. Only pieces were left. Some think they did it for the meat.
                        I read about this. Fucking insane. People said it was for the meat and that particular horse was the perfect target due to its size. Look I have no problem if people want to eat horse meat (personally to me it seems weird but in some cultures I am sure it is just like beef) but to steal anyone's animal and butcher it is plain fucked up.
                        They also said in the article it appears likely the butchering process was started while the horse was still alive. WTF is wrong with people. That fucker should be caught and butchered while he is still alive.

Comment

Man fucked up. Reminds me of this story not sure if it was already posted in a thread.
                          http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/ac...icle-1.2407385

Comment

Working...
                          X