F1 Legend Michael Schumacher is Brain Dead and Weighs less than 100lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Legend Michael Schumacher is Brain Dead and Weighs less than 100lbs

Kinda sad that the family has kept him alive in such a state. Easy for me to say but it seems kind of selfish. Especially for a guy that was so active and living on the edge. I can't imagine he would ever want to be kept alive in this state.

Brazilian F1 reporter says Michael Schumacher is in 'vegetative state' | Autoweek

Long-time F1 follower says even Schumacher's friends have stopped visiting

Reginaldo Leme, a respected Brazilian F1 commentator, says he can understand why seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher's family is so carefully guarding its privacy.

Leme, a member of the F1's travelling circus for decades, told the Brazilian broadcaster SporTV that even Schumacher's closest friends no longer visit the former driver at his home in Switzerland.

"The family has stopped any kind of information and access, particularly to the press. But not even his closest friends have been visiting Schumacher," he said. "For a long time now, (F1 driver Felipe) Massa has not gone there. Because he understands that it is the time for his family and he wants to protect that.

"Everyone knows that (Schumacher) is in a vegetative state. He has lost muscle mass and is very thin. It came out in a German newspaper that he weighs 45 kilograms (100 pounds); the family went crazy and sued the newspaper.

"I doubt that the information came from inside the family. So I see it as the family's right to protect him."

Schumacher suffered a massive head injury in a skiing crash in France on Dec. 26, 2013. He has not been seen in public since the accident.

Yeah him being in worst possible condition would be the only reason for not giving any information at all. It is beyond sad. :(

Comment

Damm that's sad to see. But life is short

Comment

Why even keep someone on life support at that point let them pass away peacefully.
        Last edited by TrapsBrah; 10-31-15, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Here a guy that put his life on the line on the regular for his career. He goes on vacation skiing and this happens. The irony of that is inescapable for me. You can just never tell man.
          It is very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
            Why even keep someone of life support at that point let them pass away peacefully.
            Totally agree with that bro. After so long in that state, the family just needs to let go. Keeping him like that, gradually wasting away is just fuckin cruel. If i'm ever in that situation, my wife and family already know my wishes...pull the plug and dont make me suffer

Comment

Working...
            X