Weird Ass Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Ass Weather

The weather's been positively toasty across much of the east coast over the past several days, especially for a December. In New York, Sunday temperatures shattered a 30-year-old record, hitting 70 degrees Fahrenheit. And the month has been chock-full of 60-plus days.

So what's going on? Is this a climate change thing, or a welcome boon from the ongoing El Nino tropical weather event? The answer actually lies with a buzzword from 2014's equally extreme temperatures: the polar vortex.

Mike Halpert, deputy director of the Climate Prediction Center at the National Weather Service, said last week the band of cold air surrounding the arctic -- called the "Arctic Oscillation" -- is particularly tight right now. During the polar vortex, pressure changes in that band of air caused it to slow and slip down towards America, bringing with it a wave of Arctic air that led to well below zero temperatures.

This time around, all of that frigidity is being kept north, causing the far more pleasant temperatures experienced around the east coast.

Meanwhile on the West Coast, a series of storm systems is expected to bring more rain and cover the Northwest and Rockies with snow this week.

In terms of El Nino, weather patterns could certainly shift as the phenomenon is expected to continue through early 2016. But the weather event isn't to blame, despite forecasts it would lead to a particularly warm winter for some parts of the U.S.

Some meteorologists have warned the Arctic Oscillation could slip as winter carries on, leading to a sudden downturn in temperatures. But if you're holding on to hope for a white Christmas and some skiing over the holiday break, you'll have to tough it out. The weather will be as fickle as always.

Here's What's Up With The East Coast's Absurdly Warm Weather

Climate control haarp.

Comment

All i know is i wish it would stay like this for a while. Shit, both friday and sat were close to 70 degrees...was hangin out outside both nights in a thin t shirt sitting around a fire. Never once in my life was i able to do that in mid december. Coming to an end soon tho, this coming friday is mid 30's for the high and 20 for the low :/

Comment

I can't wait till Jan when I can really rub your shitty weather in.

Comment

Come on winter......fucking no snow as of yet....ugh

Comment

We have had a crazy amount of rain here. We average 6.8 inches in December, but this year, we are already at 10 inches and the month isn't even halfway through.

Comment

Yes we are very warm..80 today.. not the norm for this time of year in SE Jawja. Im hoping all you bastards up north get froze the fuck up real soon, because if you don't.. My duck season is gonna be a bust.. and thats bullshit... I have my priorities.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Freeze you bastards...:grin::rofl::rofl:

Comment

33 in Bangkok. Walking around with wet clothes. Place smells like a giant sewerage tank!

Comment

Do you go there every year? Seems like you were talking about not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    Do you go there every year? Seems like you were talking about not too long ago.
                    No was in Indonesia last time. First time in Bangkok. Off to the islands tomorrow.

Comment

Had our bedroom windows open with the ceiling fan on last night. Thought about turning the AC on. Crazy. Next week we'll probably get 10" of snow.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                        No was in Indonesia last time. First time in Bangkok. Off to the islands tomorrow.
                        Do you keep your shirt on at the islands due to your none-lifting ways?

Comment

Yeh still look decent considering I'm not "lifting". Bit of a fat Fuk tho
                          Last edited by redback; 12-11-18, 06:25 AM.

Comment

That's not bad at all considering.

Comment

Can't wait to start up again tho bro. Started planning next cycle and new gym when I get back. Pretty crazy here what you can buy over counter too. Most of them seem to have andriol test caps. Not sure there any good for bodybuilding ? Apparently further out of town the have organon sust and blue hearts in most pharmas

Comment

Working...
                              X