Dad Bod Ken Makes a Case for Male Doll Diversity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Bod Ken Makes a Case for Male Doll Diversity

Team pussification aka beta-itis. I played with dolls when I was little... they were called GI Fucken JOE.. GOT TO GET TOUGH YO JOE! What the fuck is going on god damnit. I'm convinced testosterone levels are dropping in males each generation.

Despite reports that more post-millennial boys are playing with Barbie and that's A-OK, is it not every impressionable male's god-given right to see himself reflected in a plastic doll? When Mattel unveiled its more body-diverse line of Barbies earlier this week, Twitter asked. And thanks to ecommerce site Lyst, we have received. Not just Dad Bod Ken, but also Black Ken, Asian Ken, Spring Break Ken, and the inevitable Kombucha Ken. What a time to be alive.

"Men need plastic role models too," Katherine Ormerod, Lyst's editorial director, told Mashable. "Ken has been a top menswear influencer for over 50 years, but like Barbie, he needs a makeover every now and again."

The inclusive Kens are the creation of artist graphic Jamie Phillips, who developed them exclusive for Lyst. Unfortunately they're not (yet) available for purchase or play, but it's visibility that counts. All we need now is a gender-bending Ken for budding Jaden Smiths in the making.

I can see it now, me in 30-40 years.

Comment

Destroying the advancement of the human race from a physical aspect. Pussies.

Comment

just sick....

Comment

Just ordered a few for my little boy so he can chop their heads off. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
            Just ordered a few for my little boy so he can chop their heads off. :grin:
            Lol, yeah what happened to giving boys a Swiss army knife at that age instead of a fat person doll. Who wants to play with the average person as a toy. I was making spears with sticks in the woods and building forts and shit. Fucking feminists.

Comment

He's got his first lesson on how to club a baby seal. :rofl:

Comment

Wtf hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                  Lol, yeah what happened to giving boys a Swiss army knife at that age instead of a fat person doll. Who wants to play with the average person as a toy. I was making spears with sticks in the woods and building forts and shit. Fucking feminists.
                  Same here, I kept making a damn to raise the water in my swimming hole but every time it stormed it washed away. This took up a lot of my summers. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                    Same here, I kept making a damn to raise the water in my swimming hole but every time it stormed it washed away. This took up a lot of my summers. Lol
                    Ha!!!!,,,we would try and damn up a stream. move boulders and set them in place..then catch fish from the lake and put them in our secret hole....rain would wash it out...and we would rebuild it then restock it with fish again...the good old days:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                      He's got his first lesson on how to club a baby seal. :rofl:

Truth of this pic is that he got beat up by girl and that cotton is what teacher gave him to stop nose bleed. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        Truth of this pic is that he got beat up by girl and that cotton is what teacher gave him to stop nose bleed. :D
                        You know that did not happened. Just like his dad he ended up hurting himself. Lol
                        Ran in to a chair head on and busted up his nose. Lmao. :rofl:

Comment

There was this cadence we used to sing about killing baby seals, I'm told they aren't alowed to sing it anymore with some others.

Comment

Original link?

Comment

HeMan!

Comment

Working...
                              X