Flex Magazine is on its last leg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Magazine is on its last leg.

They are bimonthly now and subscription is down 95% compared to a decade ago. End of an era. Lame as they were I used to read it religiously.

I wonder how much of this is because of the abundance of online information, and how much is due to the rise and acceptance of the dad bod.

Comment

i think most is due to online. all mags are way way down.

Comment

Social media for sure had a major impact. Why get a short interview in a magazine with a pro when you can just message them from your phone, or watch a periscope and interact, or watch a YouTube video of them train. There is no value there anymore. It is just shiny pictures and advertisements for supplements that don't work.

Comment

I mentioned the name Shawn Ray and Kevin Levrone in the gym the other day and got asked, "Who are they.....?" SMH.... And what year did this Men's Physique shit start in the NPC and IFBB? What's next, Men's Fitness and Figure and Bikini as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701 View Post
            I mentioned the name Shawn Ray and Kevin Levrone in the gym the other day and got asked, "Who are they.....?" SMH.... And what year did this Men's Physique shit start in the NPC and IFBB? What's next, Men's Fitness and Figure and Bikini as well?
            LoL. Damn kids! :D

I like men's physique only because its a return to the past in terms of the removal of bloated guts and synthol physiques.

However, I don't like the board shorts and lack of bodybuilding poses. I think it should be changed to "classic bodybuilding" and they aim for who can replicate the ideal golden age bodybuilder the best.

Comment

I also wonder how radio stations are still in business. Who listens to the radio anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                I also wonder how radio stations are still in business. Who listens to the radio anymore?
                I do on a daily basis. What I won't do is pay for a subscription based service like xm when the radio is free and internet covers the rest. With my short drives I'm not concerned with hooking up my phone and finding something to listen to. Get in and drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  LoL. Damn kids! :D

I like men's physique only because its a return to the past in terms of the removal of bloated guts and synthol physiques.

However, I don't like the board shorts and lack of bodybuilding poses. I think it should be changed to "classic bodybuilding" and they aim for who can replicate the ideal golden age bodybuilder the best.

It's funny you say that..... I just recently heard about this about 3 weeks ago.

New Division, Men's Classic Physique

“Classic Physique is for guys who want to take their muscularity and size beyond the limits of Men’s Physique, but not quite to the extremes of Bodybuilding,” Jim Manion said. “The sport is constantly evolving as the athletes find new ways to express their physiques and the NPC prides itself on offering a platform for these athletes to realize their competitive goals. Classic Physique will highlight proportion, symmetry, pleasing lines, and a small waist. In short, the focus will be on aesthetic qualities in harmony with muscularity and condition.” - See more at: http://www.flexonline.com/general-ne....Qr52lPQj.dpuf

NPC/IFBB Announces New Division - Classic Physique | FLEX Online

Comment

That pic I posted yesterday of Arnold in the Golden Age of Bodybuilding thread. The one where he's standing there in the gym. That's what I think bodybuilding is!

Comment

Working...
                    X