Stanford father rapists says jail sentence too long for 20mns of action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanford father rapists says jail sentence too long for 20mns of action

The Stanford rapist's father claims jail is too harsh for just '20 minutes of action.' | So That Happened | Someecards

Wow...check out the dad's letter.

SO THAT HAPPENED

The Stanford rapist's father claims jail is too harsh for just '20 minutes of action.'

Last week, the entire Internet became rightly enraged when an elite athlete at Stanford University was convicted of raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster and then given an extraordinarily lenient sentence because, to quote the judge, a longer sentence would "have a severe impact on him."

Before his son's sentencing on Thursday, the father of the 20-year-old rapist wrote a letter to the judge in the case saying prison would be too harsh a punishment. Specifically, too harsh because the assault only lasted 20 minutes. A letter by the father, Dan Turner, was posted to Twitter by a law professor at Stanford University, according to Jezebel.

A father "very respectfully" condoning his son's actions:

As it stands now, Brock's life has been deeply altered forever by the events of Jan 17th and 18th. He will never be his happy go lucky self with that easy going personality and welcoming smile. His every waking minute is consumed with worry, anxiety, fear, and depression.

You can see this in his face, the way he walks, his weakened voice, his lack of appetite. Brock always enjoyed certain types of food and is a very good cook himself. I was always excited to buy him a big ribeye steak to grill or to get his favorite snack for him.

I had to make sure to hide some of my favorite pretzels or chips because I knew they wouldn't be around long after Brock walked in from a long swim practice. Now he barely consumes any food and eats only to exist. These verdicts have broken and shattered him and our family in son any ways.

His life will never be the one that he dreamed about and worked so hard to achieve. That is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action out of his 20 plus years of life. The fact that he now has to register as a sexual offender for the rest of his life forever alters where he can live, visit, work, and how he will be able to interact with people and organizations.

What I know as his father is that incarceration is not the appropriate punishment for Brock. He has no prior criminal history and has never been violent to anyone including his actions on the night of Jan 17th 2015.

Brock can do so many positive things as a contributor to society and is totally committed to educating other college age students about the dangers of alcohol consumption and sexual promiscuity.

By having people like Brock educate others on college campuses is how society can begin to break the cycle of binge drinking and its unfortunate results. Probation is the best answer for Brock in this situation and allows him to give back to society in a net positive way. Very Respectfully, Dan A. Turner
    Last edited by rado; 06-06-16, 03:47 PM.

The victim in the Stanford rape case wrote a gut-wrenching letter about her assault. | Women | Someecards

pissed me off after reading the letter she wrote..

he got 6 months and not 14 years

Comment

here he is what a cunt. parents/college students need to reinforce what a rapist looks like. its not the black guy hiding a building or back alley. On campus its most likely gonna be someone who looks like this guy.

id like to slap the dork around. hopefully they get him in prison.

Comment

Again highlights the two track justice system we have in America. If you have money and connections, whether you are a Stanford swimmer, or a Wall Street banker or insurance exec that stole the retirement money of thousands of retirees, or government officials, you can get away with barely a slap on the wrist.

But if you are poor or powerless, you can be a 1st time offender in a victimless crime, but be prepared to do hard time. It's really an outrage.

Comment

The balls the father had for saying that...I'd Stockton slap that fucker, both of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Again highlights the two track justice system we have in America. If you have money and connections, whether you are a Stanford swimmer, or a Wall Street banker or insurance exec that stole the retirement money of thousands of retirees, or government officials, you can get away with barely a slap on the wrist.

But if you are poor or powerless, you can be a 1st time offender in a victimless crime, but be prepared to do hard time. It's really an outrage.
            Money does and can buy you just about anything, very true and agreed.

Comment

This I can guarantee - if he was a black homeless guy, he'll be looking at 20 years plus. Good to be rich and have a daddy with connections!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                This I can guarantee - if he was a black homeless guy, he'll be looking at 20 years plus. Good to be rich and have a daddy with connections!
                Very true.

And what's wrong with having daddy with money to back you up:D

Obviously not for this type of shit, but you get what I'm saying :thumb:

Comment

Women make false rape reports all the time lets not automatically assume shes telling the truth. For all we know she could be blackmailing him.

Comment

The guy was caught in the act. There were two witnesses who saw him on her and chased him down. The girl was unconscious or completely out of it. There is zero chance this is anything other than rape, pure and simple.

Comment

I'm disgusted by this. This man needs to do his time. It must be nice to be white and 'privileged' to get out of this mess.

Comment

Being white has nothing to do with it. Being rich has everything to do with it. Doesnt matter if your white black asian hispanic ect. as long as youve got enough money you can get away with anything. The elite who are running this country into the ground want us to fight over race so we have less energy to fight them.

Comment

Lets also not forget the victim was white so bringing race into it is pointless. Its all about money my friends.

Comment

My daughter graduates high school next year and we've already been touring different colleges. All that goes through my mind when I think of her away from home alone is this type of bullshit!! This kid needs to be made an example of!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueApple View Post
                              Being white has nothing to do with it. Being rich has everything to do with it. Doesnt matter if your white black asian hispanic ect. as long as youve got enough money you can get away with anything. The elite who are running this country into the ground want us to fight over race so we have less energy to fight them.
                              nah bro incarceration rates for minorities who commit the same crime a whites statistically has been much higher. the justice system is aware of it and has worked on equality. been this way for decades. if your young black and male = your fucked

Comment

Working...
                              X