No announcement yet.

Mom burns daughter alive for eloping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. Different blood runs through your veins.

Criminals will absolutely take advantage of your kindness. Instead of fearing torture and death they will say to themselves "fuck it I'll do what I want and get some rehab for it"....

Comment

And I also don't believe for one minute that you wouldn't find some kind of comfort if I were to call you up one day and say "bro, I got the guy that took your son, I beat his head in with a baseball bat, gave him some proper rehab." Fuck him.

Comment

Bouncer, the US is the only "advanced" country with the death penalty. There is overwhelming evidence that the death penalty is NOT a deterrent the way you describe. I can post links if you like.

The death penalty is revenge, pure and simple. The government taking revenge on an individual for something he did, by killing him. That's why most countries we should be comparing ourselves to have got rid of it.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree and leave it there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I see it from the perspective of keeping someone isolated or behind bars just as "barbaric" as the death penalty. Instead of seeing it as revenge, why not look at it from a perspective of cost and efficiency? To keep someone behind bars is costly and time consuming to the system. Wouldn't a more "advanced" society consider these factors?

Comment

In Scrum's world I could kill someone everyday and the punishment would be to sit in timeout. Hell I'll kill everyday and just roam the streets

Comment

Dana, that's just stupid. Come on bro.

Let me give you an assignment. Go pull up all the 1st world countries that have got rid of the death penalty and point to me a single one where people are just killing every day and roaming the streets.

Have an intelligent take. I know you can do better than that.

Comment

Being smart hurts my head

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  I guess I see it from the perspective of keeping someone isolated or behind bars just as "barbaric" as the death penalty. Instead of seeing it as revenge, why not look at it from a perspective of cost and efficiency? To keep someone behind bars is costly and time consuming to the system. Wouldn't a more "advanced" society consider these factors?
                  nothing scrum? agree a little? not at all?

Comment

I don't see this as a dollars and cents issue. Sure, keeping someone locked up for the rest of their life is more expensive. But to me, that's no reason for state-sanctioned murder.

Comment

I say put a bullet in the fuckers...to hell with lethal injection and political correctness and cost. They should get to experiance the same horror a victim has to go thru because of their actions. Fuck civilized nations and political correctness..I say justice.

Comment

women are disposable over there .... nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                          I say put a bullet in the fuckers...to hell with lethal injection and political correctness and cost. They should get to experiance the same horror a victim has to go thru because of their actions. Fuck civilized nations and political correctness..I say justice.
                          Well I mean you also confuse Australia and Austria so your opinion on an advanced society is about as relevant as oreopithecus. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            I don't see this as a dollars and cents issue. Sure, keeping someone locked up for the rest of their life is more expensive. But to me, that's no reason for state-sanctioned murder.
                            Scrum we are a world of over 7 billion and growing with ever increasing cost. an advanced nation absolutely must consider unnecessary cost and efficiency.

Your solution of keeping serious criminals/murderers/rapist alive in a cage for the entirety of their life is not only more cruel but it's incredibly costly.

IMO your solution is not one of advancement but one of cruelty and cost.

Comment

And I also don't believe for one minute that you wouldn't find some kind of comfort if I were to call you up one day and say "bro, I got the guy that took your son, I beat his head in with a baseball bat, gave him some proper rehab." Fuck him.
                              You only see things from your own personal perspective rather than how things affect society as a whole. You always use the same argument "imagine it was your child" etc. Sure it would be terrible but don't we need to think more about the big picture?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                                You only see things from your own personal perspective rather than how things affect society as a whole. You always use the same argument "imagine it was your child" etc. Sure it would be terrible but don't we need to think more about the big picture?
                                the big picture is exactly what's being discussed here. would you prefer millions upon millions of dangerous criminals costing the system billions upon billions per year just to be kept alive with the end goal of natural death behind bars?

in my world, once it has been established that someone is without a doubt guilty of a serious crime, that person would be erased. the money that would have gone to keeping such a person locked up for life would go towards public works, education, revealable energy, and health care. call me crazy and uncivilized... LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X