No announcement yet.

WTF, Plexus, Thrive and Advocare cults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF, Plexus, Thrive and Advocare cults?

My Facebook news feed has become clogged with people trying to either recruit you, sell to you or give testimonials on how their particular pyramid scheme product has changed their lives. Plexus people seem to be particularly fanatical because of Plexus's bogus health claims seems to draw in the desperate, diabetics, those with nerve pain, ect. I looked into Plexus and saw that the FDA and issued statements for them to stop advertising their products as medicine, but they have not.

I actually started to play a game to see how angry I can get these people who clog my news feed with that drivel. I point out the fact they are participating in an illegal pyramid scheme, they of course deny it, so, I send them a link on the characteristics of pyramid schemes. They typically are still in denial and state something about how they do not care and Plexus has changed their life. I tell them they were probably eating like crap before and they are more conscience of what they eat now. By the way, Plexus' protein drink is about triple the cost of what you can find elsewhere. At this point they cry fowl and state some study the company did. I then ask them to show me a study published in a peer reviewed journal. And then they block me or start ignoring me.

Yea that seems to be an issue more an more on social media. Same thing with Twitter. Most of the followers are not actual people interested in your topics but just people with something to sell.

Even the pro bodybuilders post nothing of real interest. Just product pushing. I get that they have to make money but fuck man post something of use every once in awhile. And then we have Dexter who thinks he's a Greek philosopher... fucken guy.

Comment

Dude there is this parent at my kids school that wouldn't get off the Advocare pushing. We are talking weekly basis text messages and emails trying to get me and my wife to go to his weekly "Advocare Mixers". Always giving out free samples and shit. I just threw them in the trash. It took a solid 3 months of completely ignoring this dumb fuck until he finally stopped with us. It was getting extremely close to the point of me being an asshole to the guy even though he was good intentioned.

Comment

One of my clients before he passed away from a brain aneurysm (God rest his soul) loved advocare. All he did was preach it and give me nothing but samples. I mean tons of shit that I still have. Pre-workout, post-workout, intra-workout, vitamins, etc...

He said with advocare supplements, the diet I wrote him, and his workout regiment, he got a 6 pack after 15yrs of not seeing one due to his busy lifestyle. He did rely on advocare for energy boosters, thermogenics, and I still wonder to this day if that had to do with the cause of his death

Comment

Those companies claim all sorts of health benefits for their products even though there are no credible studies backing them up. For all we know some of the stuff could be pumping massive amounts of free radicals into our bodies, i.e. bumping up ones risk of cancer and other ailments. And if anyone says I don't have any credible studies proving this, I say, these companies don't have any credible studies backing up the claims they make about many of their products.

Comment

God rest his soul. Lol sorry

Comment

Also, we banned advertisement from a company called ID Life. They're similar to Advocare and all that shit. They used to market in the gym for free and majority of the staff bought from them and used their supplements. Few trainers bought in and claimed how great it was and turned around to sell to their clients.

These 2 guys were pressed on getting me to join and gave me stuff to try. For 9 months they did everything possible to get me to give 5min of their time, and so I did. Didn't like it and didn't feel right. I nicely said no and walked away.

Month later these fuckers started bashing me as a trainer and telling potential clients I am a horrible trainer and that I get people injured, etc... (All behind my back). Found out about it and wanted to kill them both. Long story short, both got banned and so did the company and was told to not confront them in the gym

Comment

Haha, all because you wouldn't become one of their recruits.

Comment

Exactly. You cost me money, there will be hell to pay. Our GM backs me up no matter what. So, I'm glad he took care of it before I murdered someone

Comment

I dont have any issue with people trying to make money. I dont have facebook but if you dont like what you see I think you can set it up not to see their stupid shit.

Comment

Working...
                    X