Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung Galaxy Note 7

I get mine Friday:thumb:

Seems I change phones once a year now. My S7 edge finally went to shit on Sunday. Went for a 2hr hike, was 105 degrees and wasn't paying attention of all the sweat my phone was getting from my hands, it's toasty...love my Samsung products and looking forward to this phone.

I had the last note and broke it so went and got the edge, nice phone but prefer the note.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review: the best big phone | The Verge

Originally posted by rado View Post
    I get mine Friday:thumb:

Seems I change phones once a year now. My S7 edge finally went to shit on Sunday. Went for a 2hr hike, was 105 degrees and wasn't paying attention of all the sweat my phone was getting from my hands, it's toasty...love my Samsung products and looking forward to this phone.

I had the last note and broke it so went and got the edge, nice phone but prefer the note.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review: the best big phone | The Verge
    Isn't the S7 edge water resistant? Not sure how sweaty hands could kill it.

And didn't the s7 edge come out this past spring? Not exactly a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
      Isn't the S7 edge water resistant? Not sure how sweaty hands could kill it.

And didn't the s7 edge come out this past spring? Not exactly a year ago.
      Somehow the sweat got into the port where it charges. But it's a done dead phone now. I got the s7 first week it came out, so shoot me...fucks sake. For whatever reason seems longer. But in any case, getting a new one Friday.

Comment

Somehow the sweat got into the port where it charges. But it's a done dead phone now. I got the s7 first week it came out, so shoot me...fucks sake. For whatever reason seems longer. But in any case, getting a new one Friday.
        Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge is IP68 certified, meaning that it can survive being placed underwater for 30 minutes at depths of up to 5 feet. U - See more at: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Is Perfect For Aquaman: This Smartphone Survives 16-Hour Underwater Torture Test : TECH : Tech Times

Samsung will replace your phone if it really did die from sweat in your hands. Why carry the phone the entire hike?

I was referring to the S7 edge release date. You stated that it looks like you are changing phones once per year, the S7 edge was released this past spring. You haven't owned it near a year. You are still covered under the Samsung 12 month warranty. Just get a replacement.

Comment

Samsung's Galaxy S7 Edge is IP68 certified, meaning that it can survive being placed underwater for 30 minutes at depths of up to 5 feet. U - See more at: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Is Perfect For Aquaman: This Smartphone Survives 16-Hour Underwater Torture Test : TECH : Tech Times

Samsung will replace your phone if it really did die from sweat in your hands. Why carry the phone the entire hike?

I was referring to the S7 edge release date. You stated that it looks like you are changing phones once per year, the S7 edge was released this past spring. You haven't owned it near a year. You are still covered under the Samsung 12 month warranty. Just get a replacement.
          I carried the phone in my hand, I've done this many times before.....not sure wtf went wrong.... But for whatever reason this time, somewhere the sweat slipped into the port of charge...I did the rice thing, I let it sit, etc...still no power up at all.

If it were in better shape, I'd opt for the replacement...it was fine as we started the hike because I was taking pics and videos.

As the hike became harder, I had put it away in my shorts and was even surprise because of how much sweat was on it. I normally don't carry it in my hand. As we got back to the jeep, I plugged it in and the battery icon came up with the lighting bolt across it....this immediately told me it was fucked:noo:

I was hoping NOT to spend another $700 or so because Samsung is releasing the S8 in February/March of '17...THAT is the one I was aiming for. But the previous note I had, I loved it...but I broke it too soon and went with the edge.

Comment

Damn, I still have the original I phone. Works great

Comment

I carried the phone in my hand, I've done this many times before.....not sure wtf went wrong.... But for whatever reason this time, somewhere the sweat slipped into the port of charge...I did the rice thing, I let it sit, etc...still no power up at all.

If it were in better shape, I'd opt for the replacement...it was fine as we started the hike because I was taking pics and videos.

As the hike became harder, I had put it away in my shorts and was even surprise because of how much sweat was on it. I normally don't carry it in my hand. As we got back to the jeep, I plugged it in and the battery icon came up with the lighting bolt across it....this immediately told me it was fucked:noo:

I was hoping NOT to spend another $700 or so because Samsung is releasing the S8 in February/March of '17...THAT is the one I was aiming for. But the previous note I had, I loved it...but I broke it too soon and went with the edge.
              Dude....call them. They will replace that shit. Tell them it is dead after getting sweat on it. It is 5 months old and it is rated to resist much more exposure to moisture.

Comment

Dude....call them. They will replace that shit. Tell them it is dead after getting sweat on it. It is 5 months old and it is rated to resist much more exposure to moisture.
                Let me see if I can take a pic of it and post how it looks:grin:

I forgot to add that when I found out it was broken, well I flung the song of a bitch:agreed:so I know they won't replace it and rather say I broke it :retard:kinda shattered the glass lol

Besides, I still wouldn't get it replaced....I like the newest gadgets around, I have all the time.

Comment

https://youtu.be/O8F9w8FGpS4

Comment

So you broke a water proof phone with a bit of sweat and then smashed it so they can't replace it. I feel like sometimes you just like to tell stories. Lol

Comment

Next time, in about a year, when you get the urge to replace your phone, just mail me the old one instead of breaking it.

Comment

Rado you seem more of an apple iPhone and Nordstrom type of a guy - not Samsung lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          So you broke a water proof phone with a bit of sweat and then smashed it so they can't replace it. I feel like sometimes you just like to tell stories. Lol
                          That is how it went down, could care less of your thoughts if you believe or not.

So what I thought was the charging port itself, seems it got the sweat at the top...you can see where it says Samsung, it is still moist lol.

So yeah, it pissed me off and flung the fucking thing across the room

Oh well, shit happens:wave:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                            Rado you seem more of an apple iPhone and Nordstrom type of a guy - not Samsung lol.
                            Nah bro, and I do have an iPad and I don't like it...I just need to use it for certain things...but I'm a Samsung lifer:thumb:phones, tv, etc....great product

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              Next time, in about a year, when you get the urge to replace your phone, just mail me the old one instead of breaking it.
                              I would if I didn't break them after the fact:)

When my stuff doesn't work properly, I tend to break it so I can replace it:grin: much easier/nicer to have something new than replaced with something old/certified/used

Comment

Working...
                              X