How many CCW holders out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many CCW holders out there?

Do you have insurance in case you ever had to defend yourself or others with a gun?

Even in a legitamite defense situation, you will be arrested at first. You will need a lawyer 95% of the time. Do you have the thousands of dollars you would probably need for a good criminal attorney to keep you from going to prison over a legitamite shoot? Six things are likely to happen when the cops arrive:

1. You will be detained and possibly arrested.
    2. Your gun will be seized and held for evidence.
    3. You will be interrogated both at the scene and at the police station.
    4. If you don't already have an attorney, you will need to hire one.
    5. You may have to post bail or pay bond.
    6. The DA will gather police reports to make a charging decision.

I have insurance through the US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). It costs me about $147 a year on the lowest (silver) plan. In the case I actually had to shoot someone, they would provide bail money (up to $25,000), a $50,000 retainer for a criminal attorney (and the attorney), up to $250,000 civil suit protection, $2000 personal harship (if you had to miss some work), $2000 for psychological help, and $250 a day compensation while in civil court.

I hope I never have to use it but it is piece of mind to know that financially, at least, my world will not be turned upside down if I have to defend myself or my family with lethal force. My first call would be to 911, but my second would be to them. All you CCW holders should check them out. The NRA just recently started a very similar program. Since I already belong to the USCCA, I haven't checked the NRA's program out but I bet it's comparable.

I have mine and I do pack

Comment

I carry everywhere I'm legally allowed to. I may soon also be carrying at work. Never thought about the insurance before. I'll have to look into it more.

Carry a sig p226 legion

Comment

Yep!!:agreed:

Comment

Very important, I plan to get mine when I finally buy my first gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working on it

Comment

I was raised around guns. I had my first BB gun at 4 yrs old and got my first shotgun (20- ga single shot savage) for Christmas when I was 8. I own several guns now and reload my own ammunition and belong to a local gun club/range where I try to go at least once a week and shoot a few hundred rounds. I've also been a CCW holder for years but hadn't really thought of what would really happen if I had to use it other than, Be upset I had to kill someone and the initial police contact. I just joined the USCCA last year and I'm glad I am better prepared for that eventuality now.

I usually IWB carry my S&W MPShield in 40 cal. although sometimes I carry a Springfield XDS also in 40 cal. I've been thinking of getting that little Ruger LCPII in 380 so I can pocket carry when dressed in a suit. It's damn hot out here now and I hate having to keep my suit jacket on to hide my gun.

Comment

Yea Im an XD .45 guy myself IWB and OWB depending on what I'm doing how I'm dressed. For pocket carry when needed I have a small kel-tec 9mm. Been hunting and shooting all my life.

I've never worried about if I have to ever use it for insurance reasons...all the insurance in the world wont make a damn if you don't win the fight. That would be the big worry. I'm normally not in situations where The risk is that great. But honestly, in todays world of hotheads, young thugs with attitudes and road rage I guess ya never know. My head is always on a swivel since being in the big ashtray anyway..LOL. I'm always on defense....

Comment

I have a civil war cannon on my roof. Aimed at the black family across the street just in case.

Comment

Working...
                  X