Shawn Ray Keeping It Real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Ray Keeping It Real

Hate the guy all you want. Mr I, I know you hate him. But listen to what he is saying and tell me you don't agree with every single word. Put aside the fact that you think he's an asshole and just listen to what he's saying. Guy is spot the fuck on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWdS1rMj2k8

Ray makes valid points across the board. I would say his big issue is his delivery of his messages.

Comment

When the fuck did everyone become so sensitive. Does he have to give Dallas a compliment before saying his gut is huge? Is he supposed to be like his fans and kiss his ass?

Comment

People don't like Shawn Ray because he don't cookie cut shit... Bodybuilders have very thin skin, but at the end of the day the sport is about constructive criticism.. Still an asshole, but an asshole for a reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not the content of what he's saying that gets the competitors butthurt, it when he says his criticism then he always compares himself about how much better he was at that thing with a cocky smirk on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
            It's not the content of what he's saying that gets the competitors butthurt, it when he says his criticism then he always compares himself about how much better he was at that thing with a cocky smirk on his face.
            Well the thing is chuck, he WAS better. Shawn is one of the best of all time.

Explain how it's different than Arnold in pumping iron talk about great he was. He was a cocky asshole. Look how he treated Lou and even franco. Yet we idolize him and shit on Shawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              Well the thing is chuck, he WAS better. Shawn is one of the best of all time.

Explain how it's different than Arnold in pumping iron talk about great he was. He was a cocky asshole. Look how he treated Lou and even franco. Yet we idolize him and shit on Shawn.
              Arnold did it for the movie.. he was not like this in real life.. was a role

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                Arnold did it for the movie.. he was not like this in real life.. was a role

bullshit. ask guys like Mike Mentzer, Surge Nubret, and Ken Waller that knew Arnold off screen. he was a massive asshole. in the anniversary edition of pumping iron they include "the making of pumping iron". Ken says "yea Arnold was a cocky asshole all the time but he could back it up". Mike Mentzer almost knocked his ass out numerous times. especially in 1980 when Arnold made his return and was given a BS gift of winning the Mr O when he was more like 4th place. he was the king of bodybuilding and he acted like it. the "character" you see in pumping iron absolutely was Arnold.

Comment

Well I can't ask mike mentzer cause he dead

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    Well I can't ask mike mentzer cause he dead

So is Nubret, not the point. They are all on record. Plus many more. Arnold was that character during his bodybuilding years. He mellowed out over time but he was an ass back then. Mentzer hated him, said he was nothing but mouth. Night be some jealousy there but also truth.

Comment

I remember an interview that Arnold was so clever, that I think it was a photo shoot with him and Nubret and they had a white background and he made them change it to a black background.

Comment

Ray comes off to me like that annoying guy that always has to one up whatever it is you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                        X