Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After all these years.. thought I'd share..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all these years.. thought I'd share..

I get stuff like this every so often. This came to me last night. It reminds me that it's all about giving back, and confirms to me I made the right move serving our country. It's the little things you do...that you never know you did that make this world a better place. I was this kids Drill Sgt.

Hello! Thx for the add. Not sure if you remember me but I was a private under you in 5/15 cav back in 1995. Often wondered what happened to you and SSG Walker. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for all the guidance you gave me as young buck. You left a great impression on me at a young age at a time in my life when I really needed it. Fast forward ... I ended up serving three years active duty in 2 ACR at Ft Polk. Upon arrival I quickly found myself in Haiti serving abroad. Later 2 rotations through NTC and FT Chaffee and lastly in Bosnia. Super busy! And to top it off my platoon Sgt was fresh off the trail when I got back from Haiti. He served at Knox with you and spoke highly of you. SFC Mike Drew!!! He did so much for me while I was in and still today as we are very good friends! As for now I have been married for 16 years with 2 kids living in my home town of Houston TX. When I got out in 98 I became a local police officer and in 2003 crossed over to the feds as a Deputy US Marshal. Anyways hope you are doing well and glad to reconnect!! Recon Scouts out!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You said it. Nothing better than investing time into the younger generation. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
      You said it. Nothing better than investing time into the younger generation. Priceless.
      He was a drill Sergeant he had no choice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
        He was a drill Sergeant he had no choice

you really are a dick some times and let your little mouth over run you ass. here's a little food for thought dip shit...

I was already an E-7..I..get this.. Volunteered TO BE A DRILL SGT.. yes..the only E-7 in the class of 87 students and the only senior NCO to want to go do it. Not DA select. So unless you KNOW something to be fact..keep your asshole comments to your self. sometimes your really a fucking dip shit Bori..grow the fuck up for once.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
          I get stuff like this every so often. This came to me last night. It reminds me that it's all about giving back, and confirms to me I made the right move serving our country. It's the little things you do...that you never know you did that make this world a better place. I was this kids Drill Sgt.

Hello! Thx for the add. Not sure if you remember me but I was a private under you in 5/15 cav back in 1995. Often wondered what happened to you and SSG Walker. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for all the guidance you gave me as young buck. You left a great impression on me at a young age at a time in my life when I really needed it. Fast forward ... I ended up serving three years active duty in 2 ACR at Ft Polk. Upon arrival I quickly found myself in Haiti serving abroad. Later 2 rotations through NTC and FT Chaffee and lastly in Bosnia. Super busy! And to top it off my platoon Sgt was fresh off the trail when I got back from Haiti. He served at Knox with you and spoke highly of you. SFC Mike Drew!!! He did so much for me while I was in and still today as we are very good friends! As for now I have been married for 16 years with 2 kids living in my home town of Houston TX. When I got out in 98 I became a local police officer and in 2003 crossed over to the feds as a Deputy US Marshal. Anyways hope you are doing well and glad to reconnect!! Recon Scouts out!

This is awesome and I know it makes you proud!! There is no greater feeling than to pour into someone else's life and see them become successful. I thank you for your service and all you did for this country!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

you really are a dick some times and let your little mouth over run you ass. here's a little food for thought dip shit...

I was already an E-7..I..get this.. Volunteered TO BE A DRILL SGT.. yes..the only E-7 in the class of 87 students and the only senior NCO to want to go do it. Not DA select. So unless you KNOW something to be fact..keep your asshole comments to your self. sometimes your really a fucking dip shit Bori..grow the fuck up for once.
            AGREED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BAMA76 View Post
              This is awesome and I know it makes you proud!! There is no greater feeling than to pour into someone else's life and see them become successful. I thank you for your service and all you did for this country!!!

I appreciate that, its not about me though..I was trying to show that some times in life you help others find their way not even realizing your doing it. And that it in turn makes it all a better place for everyone in the long run.:thumup:

Even for dip shits like Bori.. the lost one..:D

Comment

Triggered!!

You took it out of context relax and it will be ok...

So let me rephrase my words oh so kindly...

I said you had no choice to lead soldiers within the right path in being tactically and technically proficient.. you showed outstanding leadership and you provided that leadership. If that wasn't the case then this dude would of never reached out to you.

Because now these days we have shitty drill sergeants.. shit when I was in basic one of the drills went to jail lol..

In fact I envy you because I put in for my drill package before I got out . One reason why I got out!

Not sure why you meant about you being an E7 have to do with the comment..

Hey my bad I wasn't to specific..

I take the dip shit as a compliment;)

Comment

I appreciate that, its not about me though..I was trying to show that some times in life you help others find their way not even realizing your doing it. And that it in turn makes it all a better place for everyone in the long run.:thumup:

Even for dip shits like Bori.. the lost one..:D
                  Your welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    Triggered!!

You took it out of context relax and it will be ok...

So let me rephrase my words oh so kindly...

I said you had no choice to lead soldiers within the right path in being tactically and technically proficient.. you showed outstanding leadership and you provided that leadership. If that wasn't the case then this dude would of never reached out to you.

Because now these days we have shitty drill sergeants.. shit when I was in basic one of the drills went to jail lol..

In fact I envy you because I put in for my drill package before I got out . One reason why I got out!

Not sure why you meant about you being an E7 have to do with the comment..

Hey my bad I wasn't to specific..

I take the dip shit as a compliment;)

The reason I mentioned I was already an E-7 is because most guys became a Drill to help them get promoted to E-7. I did it for the challenge of doing it..not to try n get promoted. I had already gotten what it would give..so to speak. All my peers at the time told me I was crazy and stupid as it could ruin my career.

you cant see how your first response could be taken out of context easily ? yet sometimes you wonder why ya get shit all the time...:rofl:

Comment

The reason I mentioned I was already an E-7 is because most guys became a Drill to help them get promoted to E-7. I did it for the challenge of doing it..not to try n get promoted. I had already gotten what it would give..so to speak. All my peers at the time told me I was crazy and stupid as it could ruin my career.

you cant see how your first response could be taken out of context easily ? yet sometimes you wonder why ya get shit all the time...:rofl:
                      Doesn't bother me @ all being shitted on because I enjoy being the villain and/or being misunderstood..
                      You know my mentality bro, but one thing I will never do is shit on an Army brother!!

Since we are having bragging rights in the military world...
                      I was honor grad in basic.. came to my unit (baumholder) as an E1.. made e5 in 2 years and e6 in 4 years in the army right before we deployed so I was the youngest e6/section chief in the battalion.. leading troops to war.. army perspective I was a stud.. civilian life not so much..

And a message from my soldier

Comment

Funny stuff...he just sent me this... If you were ever in the military you'll appericate this...lmfao

I’ll never forget the time but I’m sure you remember too But me and PFC Kennedy we’re cleaning your office on the third floor of the barracks overlooking the parade grounds and everyone was moving furniture from one building to the next. I sat there and watched Kennedy yell from your Office window down to soldiers telling them to drop. They thought it was you so started pushing. You cane in and told me to be quite so you could stand there and watch. He turned around laughing and saw you standing there. Then you said without trying to laugh “start pushing”!

Comment

what are any of you peoples military accomplishments as it pertains to the high tech field of video game spec ops? i am the highest ranking officer I imagine..

nah, that's cool shit rip. how did he get in touch with you? i saw "thanks for the add" maybe I misunderstood.

good to see that he went on to be happy and successful. some vets i know play video games all day, watch netflix, cry about their depression and say things like "i'm an aggressive person". he also happens to have a strong resemblance to scrappy doo. :D

Comment

Lipripper that's awesome for him to even send you that massage. I know people think & talk about the impact others have made in their lives but to reach out like that really says a lot. Thank you guys for your service. I know my family sure appreciates it.

Comment

When you go through Basic you think, shit, why did I sign that contract but as you get older you only reminisce about the fun times.

I wish I stayed in but I wanted to be with the girl I was with because she was the one! I broke up with her 6 months after I got home. Lol

I got along great with my Drill Seargents, they were pretty good to me so I think that is why I had so many good memories of Basic.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X