Thinking of retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of retiring

Yesterday was my 28 year anniversary at my company. It's the only job I have had since graduating from college.

Haven't decided yet, but thinking of retiring next year. Probably will settle in Cali. Depends on where my son will go to college.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Damn... you've been working longer than I've been alive?

In other news, if you genuinely enjoy what you do, why not stick with it? I know of a lot of people who are working not because they need it but moreso because it would be harder to re-enter if they get bored of the early-ish retirement. I mostly see this with educators who get the built-in summer vacations and commission-only jobs where they work hard January to October and take the last 2 months off.

Either way, it's pretty awesome that you can retire at a young age. And that you've spent that long at 1 company. Just leave me some social security.

Comment

Oh, I'll do something. Just not my job - it's too damn hard. I might do some volunteer work. My company has a program where they pay retirees a nominal stipend per year in exchange for volunteer work. Maybe something to do with the environment or wildlife conservation. I don't need the money but I'm not going to turn it down! [emoji3]

Comment

Beast, you better watch out. Thinking of settling down somewhere in SoCal! :weights:

Comment

but what about gun laws scrum!

Comment

i'll be in Los Angeles next week. baby shower crapola. lol. set aside 1 day to see the sites so i'll post some pics when i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              Oh, I'll do something. Just not my job - it's too damn hard. I might do some volunteer work. My company has a program where they pay retirees a nominal stipend per year in exchange for volunteer work. Maybe something to do with the environment or wildlife conservation. I don't need the money but I'm not going to turn it down! [emoji3]

Take it! You've got it made.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                but what about gun laws scrum!
                I'll make sure to stay far away your town.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you scrum! How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    i'll be in Los Angeles next week. baby shower crapola. lol. set aside 1 day to see the sites so i'll post some pics when i can.
                    Baby shower? Isn't that for chicks? That pussy Cali lifestyle is rubbing off on you!

Comment

Enjoy Scrum!!

Comment

Retiring is for quitters [emoji16]don't be THAT...

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                          Good for you scrum! How old are you?
                          Thanks, Chadd! I'm 52.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                            Baby shower? Isn't that for chicks? That pussy Cali lifestyle is rubbing off on you!
                            i'm the entertainment. :weights:

Comment

scrum, let me ask you, is the move just for your son? what if he wants to go to MIT? will you move to that frozen shit hole?

i know you've been to cali but I'm not sure you would love living here. I feel like you like you really love the whole PNW vibe. (I've been to Seattle and it's surround areas) and there is a specific vibe up there. i'm sure you already know this but SOCAL or NORCAL for that matter is a completely different vibe. i would say it's not as relaxing but that's not really the word i'm looking for. i guess i would just say to really think about about moving to the most populated state in the nation as a sort of "retirement move" because it may not be peaceful as you want it to be. then again you may not want "peace" you may be looking for a new challenge so in that case I say hell yea go for it. i think you might miss the views of Mount Hood though..

Comment

Working...
                              X