https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
      LMAO
      but Rado..scientist say its so....:agreed:

Comment

Did you guys even read the article beyond the headline?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

The article is very clear. The packaging and certain ingredients which are held in refrigeration until the sandwich is made, tends to increase the carbon footprint for certain sandwiches, primarily the pre-made and pre-packaged ones.

The article does not say global warming is caused by sandwiches. It says that certain types of sandwiches or pre-packaging has a larger carbon footprint and maybe could be avoided.

People need to have an iota of scientific and logical honesty when reading these articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Did you guys even read the article beyond the headline?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
            yes... for someone to spend time on that crap and convert how the trash meats etc will convert to carbon is a waste of time effort and money..no good result will come of it...what..is the world gonna say..only one sammie a year per person to stop global warming...:rofl::rofl: so why don't it apply to all other foods and packaging? what are we supposed to do..go back to open markets like 3rd word countries...LOL

Comment

kind of agree with rips last post to a point. these people are studying ingredients in sandwiches while world leaders and their staff are using thousands of private jets at the Davos Summit which is partly about climate change. lol.

imagine if all of us used private jets to go everywhere? imagine that carbon footprint.

in other words. "you normal people should stop eating sandwiches while we laugh at you from the friendly skies in our private jets spewing shit into the air"..

Comment

Doesn't look like you read the article either. And stop the whataboutism.

Comment

Doesn't look like you read the article either. And stop the whataboutism.
                  I understand your point, but don’t you think that sometimes it is ok to ask “ what about”?

Government and elitists basically say “do as we say, not as we do”.

Comment

And stop the whataboutism.
                    aka "stop pointing out irony that I don't know how to defend."

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      aka "stop pointing out irony that I don't know how to defend."
                      I don't understand this at all.

What on earth are you talking about in terms of "defending?"

Should people fly less and/or consume less fossil fuels? OF COURSE!

If someone points out that buying a pre-packaged sandwich has the same carbon footprint as driving for 12km, and making a sandwich at home can cut that dramatically, should we consider doing that? OF COURSE!

But you choose to ridicule the people who point out the carbon footprint of our pre-prepared foods. And point to the other guys.

Why can't we do both?

I thought the article was a good one. And you know what the real irony is? The article pointing out a simple thing that most people including myself ignore - the cost of pre-packaged food, and guys like you ignoring it or worse, belittling it.. That's the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                        I understand your point, but don’t you think that sometimes it is ok to ask “ what about”?

Government and elitists basically say “do as we say, not as we do”.
                        Fair point, but lately, whataboutism has become kind of this excuse to do whatever people want, just because something like it may have been done before. Like pointing out Trump did something wrong, and people responding with "but what about Hillary?" Or pointing out Obama's drone strikes and people responding "but what about George W?"

Comment

But you choose to ridicule the people who point out the carbon footprint of our pre-prepared foods.
                          where did i do this? you can't just come onto an argument/debate and completely make shit up. i read the article, i understand it perfectly. i never ridiculed the people that did this study. i simply pointed out an irony that you got defensive and pompous over telling me "it doesn't look like I read the article either". you seem to think you are the only one capable of understanding basic concepts.

Comment

Fair point, but lately, whataboutism has become kind of this excuse to do whatever people want, just because something like it may have been done before. Like pointing out Trump did something wrong, and people responding with "but what about Hillary?" Or pointing out Obama's drone strikes and people responding "but what about George W?"
                            yea and you aren't guilty of this at all... LMFAO. do you listen to yourself? holy fuck.

Comment

"these people are studying ingredients in sandwiches while world leaders and their staff are using thousands of private jets at the Davos Summit which is partly about climate change. lol."

What is that supposed to mean? I interpret it as "These stupid univesity researchers, in their ivory towers, worrying about the carbon footprint of their mayo. Out of touch!"

If you meant something that more charitable than that kind of put-down, then my apologies. You are an honorable person.

Comment

Working...
                              X