Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya cant make this shit up

California again...LMFAO

Some dipshit trying to pass a law..If a waiter or waitress gives you a plastic straw with your order..and you don't ask for it..the waiter/ waitress can be fined $1000 dollars and time in jail...:rofl::rofl: These people have lost their fucking minds out there..Bouncer..your so fucked..get out while you can!!!:noo::agreed: all to help the environment... so..now you cant eat a sammie and have your drink with a straw...never mide the plastic bottle it may come in.. hey..they should just put a dollar deposit on every straw:D then they can pay for all the illegals food stamps in the sanctuary citys.:rofl:

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I'm going to order 1000 plastic straws next to I eat out.

Comment

The guy proposing the fine got his statistics from the National Parks Service who got their statistics from a company who cites a guy who did research when he was 9 years old. In other words, a study from a 16 year old is being used to impose hefty fines on waiters who probably can’t even afford the fine (assuming their employer won’t cover it). Only in California.

Comment

The fine seems excessive, but we use 500 million plastic straws in the US. Most of them end up in waterways. Offering it only on request and encouraging people to avoid straws is a reasonable thing to do, in my opinion.

This is what plastic straws do to marine wildlife. Warning: you will cringe when you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wH878t78bw

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          The fine seems excessive, but we use 500 million plastic straws in the US. Most of them end up in waterways. Offering it only on request and encouraging people to avoid straws is a reasonable thing to do, in my opinion.

This is what plastic straws do to marine wildlife. Warning: you will cringe when you watch it.

how about just asking for the option instead of threats. nanny state bullshit. this is why it's not insane to assume that cali may someday ban sandwiches.. slippery slope of liberal madness.

Comment

So you see no role for the government in regulating products that are dangerous or detrimental to the environment?

Just trying to understand your position, because it sounds like a libertarian, laissez faire approach.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a fan of straws myself, but we go through a ton a day with a toddler. The reusable ones trap gunk and get gross quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                Not a fan of straws myself, but we go through a ton a day with a toddler. The reusable ones trap gunk and get gross quickly.
                I hear you. They are awfully convenient. I personally have given up both straws and plastic lids on cups. Little things for sure, but we all need to do the little things for them to add up.

Comment

I hear you. They are awfully convenient. I personally have given up both straws and plastic lids on cups. Little things for sure, but we all need to do the little things for them to add up.

I sent the video to my wife. Told her to figure something out. Lol.

Comment

So you see no role for the government in regulating products that are dangerous or detrimental to the environment?

Just trying to understand your position, because it sounds like a libertarian, laissez faire approach.

Jail time and/or huge fine simply for a waitress or waiter serving to someone who does not specifically ask sounds like a mild form of Nazism to me..

Let's talk about the USPS and junk mail...

Comment

Agreed. Just banning the damn things may be a better approach.

Comment

Agreed. Just banning the damn things may be a better approach.

I actually agree with that.

Comment

That or just make straws that decompose say after a few days of being wet.

Comment

The k-cups I use for example..

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                              That or just make straws that decompose say after a few days of being wet.
                              Paper straws have been around for ever...scrum...state your proof of the numbers of straws wind up in...water... Please...landfill maybe...that much is no way going to water..prove that statement please...

Why not fine BK...Wendy's...Mc D...more go out in a day thru the drive thru then restruants with waiters...what a bullshit attempt of making money at the expense of people working...not big business...lmao...for the sake of the environment...lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X