Roseanne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseanne

Since when is this show back on TV? Weren't these fat fucks on TV in the 80's or some shit? People are talking about how crazy the ratings were and how much of a victory it was for the right.

Anyone watch it? Is it any good? I remember that show being a bunch of fat trailer trash types. I never liked her big mouth, reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell, I find it hard to believe Trump actually likes her aside from Roseanne agreeing with him politically.

People are saying this show could be a turning point for more shows from the right because of how great the ratings were. Meanwhile leftist award shows that are 2 hours long trump bashathons continue to have the lowest ratings in their history year after year.

Is this the "silent majority" surprising everyone again?

I'm surprised the right love it. In the show her grandson likes to dress up in girl clothes.

Comment

from what i understand it's meant to show that people are divided even in their own homes but overall it shows things from a right leaning perspective whereas as most of hollywood/TV shows things from a leftist perspective.

Comment

I knew about it when they were on the jimmy Kimmel show..
        She use to "hang out" with Hillary. Now she hates her

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          from what i understand it's meant to show that people are divided even in their own homes but overall it shows things from a right leaning perspective whereas as most of hollywood/TV shows things from a leftist perspective.
          Oh okay. I didn't watch the show, I just saw the clip of her talking to the kid about dressing like a girl. I really hope nobody bitches about it leaning towards the right. It makes us liberals look bad. Not all of us are crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
            Oh okay. I didn't watch the show, I just saw the clip of her talking to the kid about dressing like a girl. I really hope nobody bitches about it leaning towards the right. It makes us liberals look bad. Not all of us are crybabies.
            speaking of liberals. the subreddit "liberalgunowners" has gained something like 30 thousand members in the last month. so even some liberals are starting to stand up against the hive-mind attack on guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              speaking of liberals. the subreddit "liberalgunowners" has gained something like 30 thousand members in the last month. so even some liberals are starting to stand up against the hive-mind attack on guns.
              Yeah I think trying to take guns away is stupid and would never happen. I believe we should be able to own has many guns as we want. But I do believe there should be more training or education involved. There should be a class you have to complete before you can own a gun. Make sure people know how to take apart the gun, clean it, safely operate it.

Say you want to own a handgun, like a hour long class that teaches you the basics, once you pass that class you get a level 1 license. You want a rifle or shotgun is another class, say that's level 2. Then if you want something exotic have a class for that. Maybe every few years you have to renew your license. Like your driver license.

I just don't think it should be so easy to buy guns.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                Yeah I think trying to take guns away is stupid and would never happen. I believe we should be able to own has many guns as we want. But I do believe there should be more training or education involved. There should be a class you have to complete before you can own a gun. Make sure people know how to take apart the gun, clean it, safely operate it.

Say you want to own a handgun, like a hour long class that teaches you the basics, once you pass that class you get a level 1 license. You want a rifle or shotgun is another class, say that's level 2. Then if you want something exotic have a class for that. Maybe every few years you have to renew your license. Like your driver license.

I just don't think it should be so easy to buy guns.
                many on the left would argue that you are simply trying to make people more efficient with firearms by training them and teaching them how to use it better. lol

Comment

Then you have John Paul Stevens come out and call for the repeal of the 2nd amendment! So, now the left wants to start repealing the bill of rights? The Founding Fathers considered those first 10 amendments as given from G-d; not government. Inalienable rights can't be repealed. That's like trying to repeal the first amendment...

Comment

Originally posted by BowHunter View Post
                    Then you have John Paul Stevens come out and call for the repeal of the 2nd amendment! So, now the left wants to start repealing the bill of rights? The Founding Fathers considered those first 10 amendments as given from G-d; not government. Inalienable rights can't be repealed. That's like trying to repeal the first amendment...
                    Nonsense. The left wants to do nothing of that sort. Repeal the bill of rights? Not sure why people have to make up these bogeymen based on complete fabrications.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Nonsense. The left wants to do nothing of that sort. Repeal the bill of rights? Not sure why people have to make up these bogeymen based on complete fabrications.

scrum lets get real here. you are smart enough to see a political game. it's not that they want to get rid of the 2nd amendment literally. They know that would be a massive failure. the game though is to put so many road blocks, taxes, laws, and restrictions in place to effectively castrate the 2nd amendment. Pelosi and Feinstein have been very clear about how they feel on this issue.

its like saying "scrum i don't want to take your car from you, i just want to take the engine and wheels". you know damn well that's the game.

you also know that no matter what gun owners give up now, the next time a mass shooting happens they will be back for more. if someone shoots up a school with an old school lever action rifle and a revolver they will be asking for those as well. they will never stop coming after law abiding gun owners. as one of the students from the tragedy said in her speech on stage.. "if gun owners give an inch we will take a mile". yes she literally said those words. what do you think that means?

Comment

It's not the left that needs to get real here. There are reasonable limits to the 1A that any reasonable person can generally agree to, and that the courts have held as constitutional.

In the same way, there are reasonable limits to the 2A that need to be discussed to ensure public safety and to prevent guns from lgetting into the wrong hands. But according to the NRA and the diehards, NO such discussion is permissible because of this "death by a thousand cuts" argument. Universal background checks? Can't discuss it. Funding the CDC? No dice. Preventing people with mental issues from getting guns? Killed in the Senate.

At some point in the 20th century, the Supreme Court ruled that there are reasonable limits to the 1A, like yelling fire in a crowded theater, or burning books or whatever. Nobody freaked out and said oh my God, there, step by step, the 1A is going to disappear.

We have to approach the real problem of gun violence in this country by implementing common sense legislation that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Americans support, see the Fox poll I posted earlier. Will it prevent EVERY incident of gun violence? No. But it can make a difference, and that's a good thing. But it's the NRA and the right wing polls that sit in their corner and say, nope, we are not going to discuss ANYTHING.

Comment

We aren't really having a discussion here. I have my talking points and you have yours and we are basically repeating those over and over in every thread talking over each other rather then addressing each other's points.

Comment

Leave us out for a minute. Who among the politicians wants to have a gun discussion and who doesn't? The left has been clamoring for a reasonable debate while the NRA and the politicians funded by the NRA simply refuse. The evidence is out there, acted out in Congress on a dail basis. By refusing to even put the gun debate on the table for discussion, it is the extreme right that is being intransigent. I think there are plenty of centrist Republicans that want to talk but they are being shut down by McConnell and the hardliners in the House.

Comment

from my perspective I see politicians on the left reacting with emotion and trying to please their base by throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. bans, restrictions etc..

lots of talk of "high capacity" magazine bans in various states for example. the shooter used 10 round magazines in Florida. so what do the 2 things have to do with each other? it's just an opportunity to push for more gun control after every tragedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X