Belgium attacker stabs 2 cops, shoots them with their own guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belgium attacker stabs 2 cops, shoots them with their own guns

Two female police officers were among three people killed in Belgium on Tuesday when a man stabbed them, took their guns and shot them in what authorities have since deemed a terror attack.

The third victim was a 22-year-old passenger in a car fired on by the suspect, near a school in Liege, about 60 miles east of Brussels, authorities said.

Police later shot and killed the gunman, who first fled into a nearby college and took a female hostage. No students were harmed.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=55499833

he clearly killed those 2 cops in close proximity. this may be "controversial" but I have to ask what their training was like. Would it have happened if they were male cops? I can understand and ambush on a single cop but this was 1 guy with a knife vs 2 cops with guns and he managed to win the battle. It's sad but their training and ability has to be questioned.

Comment

Complacent and no self awareness

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
        Complacent and no self awareness

Yea. I feel like in a country like Belgium cops are being taught more about "tolerance" and "sensitivity" then they are about situational awareness and tactics.

Remember that video I posted from the UK where 1 guy with a knife was chasing like 12 unarmed cops? In America the cops would have lit that fucker up and I'm sorry but that's a good thing. Fuck tolerance when someone is running at you with a knife. Tolerance gets you fucken killed and a situation like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Fuck tolerance when someone is running at you with a knife. Tolerance gets you fucken killed and a situation like that.
          That's what cops in Oregon decided when they lit up a guy with a knife who was having a mental health crisis. When you have a shoot first approach in every situation, bad things happen, especially when they get zero training to deal with people having mental health issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            That's what cops in Oregon decided when they lit up a guy with a knife who was having a mental health crisis. When you have a shoot first approach in every situation, bad things happen, especially when they get zero training to deal with people having mental health issues.

If someone is just holding a knife and not an immediate threat to someones life then you don't shoot. But if someone is about to kill someone with that knife you light that fucker up... "mental health crises" be damned.

Having a mental issue doesn't give you a pass to murder the innocent.

But yes, cops that are just trigger happy can be an issue.

Comment

So cops also need to go to school to become a psychiatrist too? I don't know the situation that scrum is talking about but if you have a weapon that can kill and you step in the direction of a cop you should be shot.

Comment

Dude was a ninja

Comment

Call me a pussy but I feel the pic is disrespectful to the families. Maybe a warning in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                    Call me a pussy but I feel the pic is disrespectful to the families. Maybe a warning in the title.
                    i'd agree in general if we were a world news organization or some shit. but this story is so big that the link to this page from google is probably on page 10,000 of the google search results. The chance of the family or friends seeing this page on SM is very low.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      So cops also need to go to school to become a psychiatrist too? I don't know the situation that scrum is talking about but if you have a weapon that can kill and you step in the direction of a cop you should be shot.
                      Cops have little to no training de-escalating a medical crisis situation. For example, an autistic guy was shot because cops didn't recognize or understand how to calm the guy down and get him neutralized safely. Nobody is saying that cops need to be therapists, but recognizing and tactically dealing with mental health issues without the need for lethal force should be required training.

Especially in this country where the medical safety meet is non existent and a lot of people with mental health problems end up on the street with no medication on treatment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        Cops have little to no training de-escalating a medical crisis situation. For example, an autistic guy was shot because cops didn't recognize or understand how to calm the guy down and get him neutralized safely. Nobody is saying that cops need to be therapists, but recognizing and tactically dealing with mental health issues without the need for lethal force should be required training.

Especially in this country where the medical safety meet is non existent and a lot of people with mental health problems end up on the street with no medication on treatment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                        you know most cops also have very little firearm and shooting training compared to what you might assume. they only have to practice and re-qualify minimally. i have gotten to know a few instructors at various ranges and they tell me stories about how cops come to the range all the time saying "this gun i bought isn't accurate" because they cant hit the paper targets accurately. instructor tests the gun and shoots a perfect little group center mass. instructor told me he would only consider about 25% of the cops that he deals with in training and classes to be up to par with what he thinks they should be. the ones that are up to par are generally enthusiast that are at the range even in their free time. sad and scary.

Comment

Funny how people expect cops to be perfect in every situation that may threaten their lives or others in the area...but most people criticizing their action have never been in any type of situation where they have to make a life or death decision in an instant..and then have to live with that decision the rest of their lives.. Yet people are so fast to criticize their actions...pretty sad.

Comment

well said. and the same people that shit on the cops day in and day out will be the very first people to call the police for help if shit ever goes down.

i'm not saying cops aren't allowed to be criticized for bad deeds. they definitely should be, especially when they shoot someone in the back and shit like that. but these people take it way too far and seem to believe that all cops are horrible people.

Comment

Who are "these people" you are talking about? I am curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X