Porsche Just Destroyed The Nürburgring Lap Record By 52 Seconds - Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Just Destroyed The Nürburgring Lap Record By 52 Seconds - Video

The Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo is a technological marvel based on Porsche’s Le Mans prototype that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 2015-2017, but is now freed from any one racing series’ restrictions. That means that its hybrid powertrain now churns out 1160 horsepower, its active aerodynamics produce over 50 percent more downforce, and weight has been dropped to only 1872 pounds.

It was surreal to to watch this lap record drop in person, because it came back around far faster than you expected any car to be able to do so. Once the car was out, there really wasn’t even an opportunity for a bathroom break unless you’re capable of speed-peeing in the building they had open for this purpose, which was a short walk from the 919's tent.

Want another unbelievable stat? Today’s top speed on the notoriously dangerous, twisty Nordschleife was 229.5 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmSUHhP3ug

and no the video is not sped up. fucken nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      and no the video is not sped up. fucken nuts
      Holy shit, I cant imagine riding in that for an entire race.. 369mph... Amazing.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol. No bro, not 369mph. the video speed dial was in kmph. in mph his top speed was 229.5mph.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X