Lebron James $154Million Deal Contract with Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron James $154Million Deal Contract with Lakers

For the second time in eight years,*LeBron James*is leaving Cleveland.
    On Sunday, Klutch Sports Group*announcedon Twitter James' plans to sign a four-year, $154 million deal with the*Los Angeles Lakersafter declining his $35.6 million player option with the*Cleveland Cavaliers*and testing free agency. ESPN's*Brian Windhorst*reported the fourth year is a player option.
    Windhorst noted that ultimately LeBron's decision came down to just two teams:

Lakers President of Basketball Operations Magic Johnson met with LeBron on late Saturday night and spoke for "several hours," according to ESPN's*Ramona Shelburne, who*added*additional details on their discussion: "The Lakers had felt a sense of urgency this week to find a co-star LeBron — either PG or Kawhi. However when Magic spoke to James late Saturday, he assured them this was a long term play and his decision wouldn't be affected by a transaction they could make under a time pressure."

Shelburne*reported it was a "hush-hush operation" without any leaks on the meeting, unlike discussions with the*Cavaliers*and*Philadelphia 76ers. The Lakers were aware they needed to give James time to announce his decision when he wanted to, per Shelburne.
    Lakers Officially Return to Relevancy
    James' decision will catapult the Lakers up the title-contending ranks.
    Looking at his numbers, it's not hard to see why. At 33 years old, James produced a sensational 2017-18 campaign in which he averaged 27.5 points, 9.1 assists and 8.6 rebounds on 54.2 percent shooting from the field, including 36.7 percent from three, in a league-high 36.9 minutes per game.
    James' postseason performance was also one for the ages.
    Over the course of 22 appearances, he averaged 34.0 points, 9.1 rebounds and 9.0 assists and led the Cavaliers to their fourth straight NBA Finals.
    In doing so, he became the*first player*in league history to average at least 30 points, nine boards and nine dimes over the course of an entire postseason (minimum 15 games played).
    Those are the kind of figures that can help transform the Lakers from Western Conference also-rans into one of the league's most compelling clubs.
    Beyond James, L.A. will field a core that consists of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram. Plus, it still has the financial flexibility to make another max-level splash.
    That group will need time together to pose a threat to the*Golden State Warriors*and*Houston Rockets, to be sure. At this point, though, it possesses the blend of established talent and upside necessary to make some serious noise in due time.

Cavs Have No Easy Road for Rebuild
    For the Cavaliers, James' decision is a major gut punch.
    He was the difference between annual title contention and residence in Eastern Conference purgatory, and it stands to reason his departure will send Cleveland back into rebuilding mode as the franchise deals with another changing of the guard.

Here's the issue: The Cavaliers don't have a surefire route to expedite a rebuild.
    Kevin Love is Cleveland's only major trade chip, assuming No. 8 overall pick Collin Sexton is off the table, and the Cavs aren't flush with pieces to dangle in return for valuable young players or draft picks.
    George Hill ($19 million), Tristan Thompson ($17.5 million), JR Smith ($14.7 million) and Jordan Clarkson ($12.5 million) are all due big money next season, and their trade values aren't in a place where the Cavaliers can extract a significant return.
    "If he leaves, that's not a good deal for them financially," an Eastern Conference executive told Bleacher Report's*Ken Berger*prior to James' move.
    The decision could also have major financial ramifications for owner Dan Gilbert.
    According to ESPN.com's*Darren Rovell, the franchise's valuation dipped by 25 percent when James left for the*Miami Heat*in 2010. If that figure holds this time around, the Wine and Gold's worth could shrink by more than $300 million.
    Rovell*noted that the Cavaliers made every fan with floor seats sign a deal in February locking them into their seats for the next three seasons.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Where are all the bandwagoners at?...

Srs. Number 1 in 2019 Athletic Forbes List for the King!!

Comment

Lebron is such a bitch.

He is no GOAT, fucking guy is a fucking donkey

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

donkey. lol.

he's not going to be in LA long IMO. too many big personalities that will clash. won't end well. a team needs to be just that.. a TEAM.

Comment

Donkey? Elaborate.. love the haters... the man carry's teams to champions...

And please don't compare him to Jordan like the other turds on social media..

Love him or not the man is a Goat
          Originally posted by rado View Post
          Lebron is such a bitch.

He is no GOAT, fucking guy is a fucking donkey

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            donkey. lol.

he's not going to be in LA long IMO. too many big personalities that will clash. won't end well. a team needs to be just that.. a TEAM.
            Exactly. Yet he carried the cavs. He should of never came back period...not his fault they bunch of dumb dumb..

Golden state got nothing, but allstars cause they are selfish... they want lebron shut down..

They just got demarcus "boogie" cousins.. cause they know what time it is..

Its lebron and lakers time!.. and i ain't no lebron fan. Yet i i don't dislike the man..

Fans are quick to hate the man cause of his frustrations. . Not his fault his team was garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
              i ain't no lebron fan.
              yea that's the vibe i'm getting from you.. :rofl:

Comment

yea that's the vibe i'm getting from you.. :rofl:
                U don't know shyt about sports bro.
                Simple facts..
                Stick to gear common sense knowledge

I'm not a fan; u stupid fuck. But i give credit where credit is due.
                The man is great.
                U need an all star team to stop the man.
                Simple.

Jordan and the bulls were my all time favs in my childhood days, but they was a team!

Comment

The goat???? Hahahahhahaha lmao

I actually like Lebron, I do..but he is a little bitch.

Fucking only player to reach the finals how many times? To lose how many times?

Listen, he is good, he is really good. But to call him the GOAT??? BRAH....

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                    U don't know shyt about sports bro.
                    Simple facts..
                    Stick to gear common sense knowledge

I'm not a fan; u stupid fuck. But i give credit where credit is due.
                    The man is great.
                    U need an all star team to stop the man.
                    Simple.

Jordan and the bulls were my all time favs in my childhood days, but they was a team!

you come across like you worship another man bro. it's cuck type shit.

get on your knees for THE KING as you call him. little faggot.

and stop talking black. it's not you, it's fake as fuck. be yourself. you're not from the hood no matter how bad you want to be.

Comment

you come across like you worship another man bro. it's cuck type shit.

get on your knees for THE KING as you call him. little faggot.

and stop talking black. it's not you, it's fake as fuck. be yourself. you're not from the hood no matter how bad you want to be.
                      Talk black? Nigga fuck you wigga... i always talk like this..

U ever talk to me on the phone bitch made..

Bring that latina ass over so i can smash and grab her

Worship these nutts

Comment

a man calling another man.. "THE KING"

would piss run down your leg if he threw you his sweat rag?

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                          The goat???? Hahahahhahaha lmao

I actually like Lebron, I do..but he is a little bitch.

Fucking only player to reach the finals how many times? To lose how many times?

Listen, he is good, he is really good. But to call him the GOAT??? BRAH....

Still don't understand what makes him a bitch?
                          U like him yet he a bitch?
                          As always another rado contradiction..
                          Stupid fat nigga

Comment

a man calling another man.. "THE KING"

would piss run down your leg if he threw you his sweat rag?

Your pops raped you
                            That's why u got daddy issues

Comment

he's a great athlete no doubt about that. but you're right, i don't follow sports in the sense that i don't idolize other men in the way that you do. you are the type that will buy another man's sports jersey and where it proudly. to me that's lowering yourself. you might as well put on a shirt that says "lebrons bitch".

being a sports fan is fine. but idolizing other men in the way that you do lowers your whole being.

i'll help you detox from the faggotry and become more alpha if you need a refresher course.

Comment

Working...
                              X