Driving down to FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving down to FL

So in my road trip down to the FL (Orlando/Clearwater), I’ve noticed one huge detail: southern VA thru the Carolinas is the saddest stretch of road I’ve ever seen. It’s 2 lanes for around 400-500 miles and no major cities after Richmond. It’s almost as if no one uses I-95 unless it’s to drive between states which is strange coming from the DC-Baltimore corridor.

Currently stopped slightly SW of Savannah but as soon as we entered GA, it was like humanity actually still exists.

Still have another 4 hours and 280 miles to go. Let’s hope I don’t accidentally get shot by a stray bullet from lip.

it's because that stretch of I-95 isn't near much of a population. it's out in the middle of nowhere. northern Florida is a dump. bunch of hillbillers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      it's because that stretch of I-95 isn't near much of a population. it's out in the middle of nowhere. northern Florida is a dump. bunch of hillbillers.
      In MD, a lot of the recent construction is built right near/off I-95 as well as in VA. But I guess no one wants to necessarily live in the Carolinas. No jobs. And it’s a shitty set of states other than the beaches. My coworkers that live/work in the Carolinas drive for hours for their appointments. I complain about my 2 hour commute to meet 3-4 clients and they drive 4-5 hours to meet 1.

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
        In MD, a lot of the recent construction is built right near/off I-95 as well as in VA. But I guess no one wants to necessarily live in the Carolinas. No jobs. And it’s a shitty set of states other than the beaches. My coworkers that live/work in the Carolinas drive for hours for their appointments. I complain about my 2 hour commute to meet 3-4 clients and they drive 4-5 hours to meet 1.
        for the most part yea. the Raleigh area of NC is actually very nice. it's still too southern for me but the Raleigh/Durham area has a lot of money. lots of pharma companies, universities etc.. drive 20 minutes out of those areas though and it's hillbiller village again.

Comment

Working...
        X