Got my California CCW Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my California CCW Permit

Wasn't too bad, but had to take a 16 hour gun safety course. I bet ripper and chad will be shocked that this is even possible in California.

Discuss.

aren't concealed firearms banned in many towns and counties even with a cali ccw?

i'm pretty sure places like San Francisco don't acknowledged a CCW unless you get specific permission from the sheriff office in San Fran.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      aren't concealed firearms banned in many towns and counties even with a cali ccw?

i'm pretty sure places like San Francisco don't acknowledged a CCW unless you get specific permission from the sheriff office in San Fran.
      That's a myth. You can carry in SF with a California CCW. It's a state law.

There are "No Carry Zones", but they are posted with a sign. I found this most interesting when reading the rules:

“California law does not prohibit CCW holders from carrying in a private business establishment, even if they post a sign and/or search people entering. However, they are within their rights to ask you to leave (temporarily or permanently) if they find out – and you are trespassing if you don’t leave after being asked.”

Comment

Originally posted by Keiser View Post
        That's a myth. You can carry in SF with a California CCW. It's a state law.

There are "No Carry Zones", but they are posted with a sign. I found this most interesting when reading the rules:

“California law does not prohibit CCW holders from carrying in a private business establishment, even if they post a sign and/or search people entering. However, they are within their rights to ask you to leave (temporarily or permanently) if they find out – and you are trespassing if you don’t leave after being asked.”
        Aren't there entire towns that are no carry zones? Could have sworn there were a bunch.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Aren't there entire towns that are no carry zones? Could have sworn there were a bunch.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
          No, but there are a bunch of rumors on the internet that there are. My instructor told me this is a myth and it's a state law. If the towns put up signs that said "No carry zone" then maybe it could fly but based on that other law you can still carry inside of a private business even if the sign is there. The only they can do is ask you to leave, but that's their choice. You won't be in trouble from a law perspective.

Comment

make sure your careful about a casual drink. not even 1 beer is legal in cali while carrying. not that your likely to ever get caught but just putting it out there.

Comment

make sure your careful about a casual drink. not even 1 beer is legal in cali while carrying. not that your likely to ever get caught but just putting it out there.
              I'm not certain but I imagine that would be consistent across the board. I know Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana is the same way.

Even if it wasn't law, it would be dumb to do for numerous reasons. I think having any alcohol in your system in an instance where you did have to use the firearm in self defense isn't going to be easy to prove lack of imparement or judgement.

Comment

so an off duty cop that is having a drink but is also carrying is technically breaking the law?

Comment

Thanks, but I haven't had a sip of alcohol since October 2010.

Comment

so an off duty cop that is having a drink but is also carrying is technically breaking the law?
                    Shit I don't know. I only pay attention to the laws pertaining to me, what I can and can't do.

Comment

honest question keiser. why did you feel the need to get your CCW? do you walk around in fear all the time? i ask because a few months ago you were using that kind of logic towards rip and chadd for carrying a gun and even me for simply having an interest in the subject of guns.

just because you have your CCW or you like to discuss guns doesn't make you some kind of "gun nut", it doesn't make you a person that walks around paranoid.

Comment

honest question keiser. why did you feel the need to get your CCW? do you walk around in fear all the time? i ask because a few months ago you were using that kind of logic towards rip and chadd for carrying a gun and even me for simply having an interest in the subject of guns.

just because you have your CCW or you like to discuss guns doesn't make you some kind of "gun nut", it doesn't make you a person that walks around paranoid.
                        This discussion wasn't meant to be about me. It was about California and all the incorrect truths about it and I found it shocking when I went through the process that it wasn't as bad as I had feared.

For me personally, this is no big deal at all. I had my Texas CCW when I lived there and my Florida CCW which was retroactive in several other states. CCW is nothing new to me and doesn't make me a gun nut at all. I take pride in not being a gun nut. Guns serve a purpose, I think gun nuts and people who get excited about guns are fucking mentally sick. I couldn't care less about that and would never brag about or "show off" my fucking gun. That's a gun nut.

I don't think I've ever given Chadd or Lip shit about their CCW. I gave you shit for wanting to get your untrained girlfreind a fucking knife and then commenting that "the world is a scary place", or something along those lines as part of your argument for doing so.

The discussion here is 100% meant to be about California and not me.

Comment

you seem on edge gun nut. the attacks on chadwick have me concerned.

Comment

Poor Chadd got his feeling hurt. I had to back off a bit.

Comment

Working...
                            X