X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rican Government Quietly Acknowledges Hurricane Death Toll of 1,427

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/u...oll-maria.html

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sad shit all across the board how PR was treated, period. Had it been fucking Wisconsin, we'd have national guard there in 5mns.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
      Sad shit all across the board how PR was treated, period. Had it been fucking Wisconsin, we'd have national guard there in 5mns.
      i'm kind of 50/50 on this. i see your argument and I know where your coming from. but let's not forget Katrina where large parts of Louisiana were left to rot. i remember watching a top gear episode that drove through the state like 3 years after Katrina and the devastation was still very clear. houses left just the way they collapsed etc.. the rich areas were rebuilt within months but the poor areas are still suffering from Katrina all these years later.

then again it's pretty clear the gov does not view PR in the same way that it views a US state. the reason the Gov has given is that because it's an island it's harder to deal with compared to a state you can just trucks and supplies in. but something tells me if Hawaii was hit with something like this the gov would do a better job of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        i'm kind of 50/50 on this. i see your argument and I know where your coming from. but let's not forget Katrina where large parts of Louisiana were left to rot. i remember watching a top gear episode that drove through the state like 3 years after Katrina and the devastation was still very clear. houses left just the way they collapsed etc.. the rich areas were rebuilt within months but the poor areas are still suffering from Katrina all these years later.

then again it's pretty clear the gov does not view PR in the same way that it views a US state. the reason the Gov has given is that because it's an island it's harder to deal with compared to a state you can just trucks and supplies in. but something tells me if Hawaii was hit with something like this the gov would do a better job of it.
        New Orleans got WAY better treatment than PR did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

New Orleans got WAY better treatment than PR did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          only the the wealthy areas bro. the poor areas were literally left to rot. death toll of katrina was officially over 1800. i agree with you that PR was not given the same level of help it should have been given.

Comment

I was thinking of a holiday there

Comment

I have to kind of agree with Bouncer. Katrina and LA was treated poorly as well. But the difference is that the infrastructure in PR is still fucked. Lots of places in PR are still without power and even after engineers and laborers volunteered to go down and assist, it’s still in shambles.

My friend flew his mom up here as soon as he could after the hurricane because her house had no power and was flooded. They’ve managed to clean up the house but there is still no power. Those even trying to rebuild on their own (without government assistance) can’t.

Comment

I have to kind of agree with Bouncer. Katrina and LA was treated poorly as well. But the difference is that the infrastructure in PR is still fucked. Lots of places in PR are still without power and even after engineers and laborers volunteered to go down and assist, it’s still in shambles.

My friend flew his mom up here as soon as he could after the hurricane because her house had no power and was flooded. They’ve managed to clean up the house but there is still no power. Those even trying to rebuild on their own (without government assistance) can’t.

Comment

The infrastructure there was fucked BEFORE the hurricane, very crooked government/power companys. when shits already about like a 3rd world country infrastructure is...... You cant expect a fast recovery...they are basically starting from scratch trying to fix that shit. also being an island logistically creates hardships. if you've ever been deployed to a 3rd world shit hole youd see the difference and its a lot easier to understand the difficulties involved

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                    I was thinking of a holiday there
                    You can go there. Nothing wrong with tourism. The aftermath already passed and everyone is living there normal lives. Hit up vieques too. Small island that belongs to PR

Comment

Yet PR is nothing but National Guards. It's not like the island is some 3rd world shit hole.
                      It had to be because of the massive debt and this jones act dilemma

Comment

Working...
                      X