Happy 10th Birthday Bitcoin!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 10th Birthday Bitcoin!!!

On Halloween 2008 someone going by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto posted on a public cryptography mailing list: "I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer to peer with no trusted 3rd party." The post contained a link to a white paper outlining the bitcoin technology. For years computer scientists have been experimenting with these technologies to create digital money, but Satoshi discovered a way to combine them that had never been done before in doing so he created Bitcoin.

Some fun facts:

The first exchange rate was in October of 2009 listing 1309 bitcoins at $1 via the New Liberty Standard and they calculated the price by seeing how much electricity it took to mine that many bitcoins and in 2009 a standard computer could mine hundreds in a few days time.

The first known trade for goods or services was in the spring of 2010 when a man sent aomeone else 10,000 bitcoins for two Papa John's pizzas.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitco...rought-to-life

:D

When you made that other bitcoin thread early last year we all laughed at you. Who would have thought that after you made that thread that bitcoin would rise to 20k by December. crazy shit.

the doubters will say bitcoin has fallen back to 6k. yea that may be so but considering bitcoin was $300 only 3 years ago i'd say there is absolutely nothing to doubt anymore.

it's still early days much like the days of the early internet. in 10 years time anyone who stayed out of bitcoin will be kicking themselves in the same way that people are kicking themselves today who didn't invest in amazon, apple, or google 20 years ago..

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      :D

When you made that other bitcoin thread early last year we all laughed at you. Who would have thought that after you made that thread that bitcoin would rise to 20k by December. crazy shit.

the doubters will say bitcoin has fallen back to 6k. yea that may be so but considering bitcoin was $300 only 3 years ago i'd say there is absolutely nothing to doubt anymore.

it's still early days much like the days of the early internet. in 10 years time anyone who stayed out of bitcoin will be kicking themselves in the same way that people are kicking themselves today who didn't invest in amazon, apple, or google 20 years ago..

Everyone else is scared to comment in here lol. Long live Crypto.

Comment

I am not aware of that, I just started investing in bitcoin a couple of months ago.

Comment

crypto market is showing some life baby. BTC is steady but the ALTS are making some major gains. this looks to be a strong Nov.

Comment

FUCK BITCOIN!

Comment

Gaps.

Go outside and take a walk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                Gaps.

Go outside and take a walk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can't, my foot hurt.

Comment

Bitcoin plunges over 30% in 10 days, and there is no one left to buy

"Bitcoin’s haven claim is destroyed amid broad pummeling of riskier assets"

In a week where investors sought cover, one asset that had been touted as a potential alternative haven to shield against any market turmoil proved to be anything but that.

In the space of just 10 days, bitcoin, the world’s largest digital currency, fell through $6,000, then waved goodbye to $5,000 before eventually falling to $3,700. All told, the so-called next digital gold lost over 30% over those 10 days and is down around 85% from its all-time high.

Although just a fraction of the total value of global markets, the demise of the nascent product has burned many of its proponents, who saw it as an alternative to traditional currencies. “Everyone who still believes in cryptocurrency bought all they could afford months ago and now there is no one left to buy,” said Jani Ziedins of Cracked.Market in a Friday note to clients.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...ets-2018-11-24

Comment

Tapatalk sucks balls

Comment

volatility is definitely back. bitcoin is on the front page of all the news sites. if you are a holder of bitcoin it sucks for you but for day traders this shit is a gold mine right now. $400 moves up and down day to day is back baby! compared to the last 6 months of bitcoin not moving a fucken inch. these big drops and bounces are getting juicy!

Comment

Don't be fooled folks. While the media rips apart bitcoin and the masses are being told it's dead... the classes are investing big money behind the scenes. You have to decide which team you are one... the masses or the classes.. Keep in mind the media has been declaring bitcoin dead before the past 5 bull runs over the last 7 years.. Yet when prices rise the media tells the masses to buy the top. LMAO. Masses vs Classes folks.. Masses vs Classes. You either think like an average Joe or you think like a savage Joe.

In bear markets real shit gets done. The fundamentals and infrastructure is getting stronger and stronger.

I'm not telling you to buy now. Hell no, don't try to catch a falling knife... But be ready. Because trust me, this thing will bounch back hard when it finds a bottom and once again BTC will provide life changing opportunity. I'm waiting like a ninja in the shadows..

-------

Nasdaq Plans to Pursue Bitcoin Futures Despite Plunging Prices, Sources Say

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lunging-prices

Nasdaq Inc. is moving ahead with a plan to list Bitcoin futures, according to two people familiar with the matter, betting on sustained interest despite the cryptocurrency’s dramatic plunge over the past year.

Nasdaq has been working to satisfy the concerns of the U.S.’s main swaps regulator, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, before launching the contracts, the people said. The New York exchange operator, which was first reported to be eyeing Bitcoin futures last year, wants to allow trading in the first quarter of 2019, one of the people said.

Bitcoin futures briefly captivated the financial world -- and drew resistance from large derivatives brokerages -- when CME Group Inc. and Cboe Global Markets Inc. used an expedited self-certification process to bring their contracts to market last December at the height of the global crypto craze. Despite lofty hopes that Bitcoin futures would usher in a new era of institutional crypto investment, trading in them has been modest and the digital currency has plunged from around $20,000 to less than $4,000.

After CME and Cboe listed their contracts, the CFTC announced an enhanced review process for exchanges looking to list virtual currency derivatives.

Back in January, Nasdaq Chief Executive Officer Adena Friedman said the exchange was weighing how to distinguish its plans from contracts already offered by competitors. The Nasdaq futures will be based off the Bitcoin’s price on numerous spot exchanges, as compiled by VanEck Associates Corp., the person said. CME uses prices from four markets, while it’s just one at Cboe.

Separately, VanEck has been trying to win approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission for a crypto-based exchange-traded fund.

Nasdaq isn’t the only impending Bitcoin derivative. New York Stock Exchange owner Intercontinental Exchange Inc. said last week it will launch its own contracts on Jan. 24.

Nasdaq officials declined to comment. An outside representative for VanEck and a CFTC spokeswoman didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Comment

11 billion pumped into the market in the last 12 hours.

Comment

LOL @ the media. They call it a scam one day and the trade of a decade the next..

-------

The Trade Of The Decade: Betting On Bitcoin

Despite this year’s bloodbath in the crypto-asset space, the industry will likely still generate considerable investor surplus in the long-run. In fact, an investment in a basket of the top crypto-assets (largely Bitcoin) has the best chance to deliver the most attractive risk-adjusted returns over the next 10-years, compared to less controversial favorites such as Amazon stock, 10-year U.S. Treasuries, an apartment in Manhattan, or other “consensus longs”. While the bull thesis for crypto-assets is far more nuanced than can be covered in a short article, we outline four of the most salient themes below.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katinas.../#7282dd20458a

Comment

BTC up 13% and moving fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X