Insulin resistance causes heart disease NOT cholesterol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulin resistance causes heart disease NOT cholesterol

More theory on why LDL (bad cholesterol is no indicator of heart disease).

I have been looking into this for a while now and this clip sums it up perfectly.

CARBS are the killer!

Insulin resistance caused from excess carb consumption over years is what most heart attacks are caused from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZoQiDaWnuE

you stopped eating carbs so you look for science to confirm your bias. i get it bro. :D how's the pump in the gym without carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      you stopped eating carbs so you look for science to confirm your bias. i get it bro. :D how's the pump in the gym without carbs?
      Ha ha

As I said earlier....we heartless 😎

Comment

Well no, I am eating carbs again actually.

I think you know I have been going on about heart disease for years. Every male in my family has had heart disease and all have taken statins for a least 15 years. They have all still had problems later including having stents put in because of more calcification yet their cholesterol readings are perfect. What does this tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
          Well no, I am eating carbs again actually.

I think you know I have been going on about heart disease for years. Every male in my family has had heart disease and all have taken statins for a least 15 years. They have all still had problems later including having stents put in because of more calcification yet their cholesterol readings are perfect. What does this tell you?
          I'm not entirely sure it tells me they have heart issues because of oatmeal and bananas bro.

Unfortunately it tells me that bad heart genetics run in your family. But to say "it's carbs for sure" is premature imo.

Now did eating sugars pops, grandmas cookies and bottles of yoo hoo hoo help?.... Probably not.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not entirely sure it tells me they have heart issues because of oatmeal and bananas bro.

Unfortunately it tells me that bad heart genetics run in your family. But to say "it's carbs for sure" is premature imo.

Now did eating sugars pops, grandmas cookies and bottles of yoo hoo hoo help?.... Probably not.

What do you think Insulin resistance is caused from?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
              What do you think Insulin resistance is caused from?
              Does insulin resistance run in your family? Not all heart disease is caused by insulin resistance.

Comment

Does insulin resistance run in your family? Not all heart disease is caused by insulin resistance.

Actually the old guy was diagnosed with type 2 only in the last few years.

No not all is caused by IR, just the majority (according to these researchers)

There is clearly something not right about LDL being the big bad guy we think it is. That is actually my main concern. Anyone on gear has a rise in LDL and reduction in HDL. Recent bloods confirmed this for me and I guarantee yours would be the same.....Is this a problem??...maybe not.

Comment

So many variables it's hard to prove one way or another. I think the most important factor is genetics.

After that you have exercise level, diet, stress, environmental. All these factors change the data.

To emphasize genetics. Remember Mike Matarazoo? He didn't do anything different then any other pro bodybuilder but his heart gave up at a young age. Just like his father's did. They blamed it on red meat and steroids. They may have taken a few years off but his father died roughly the same age he never did steroids or eat anything close to what Mike did.

Comment

Working...
                  X