New project boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project boat?

I might of found a new project boat. This boat was in great shape n well cared for...untill the owner had a serious brain fart. He got anchor rope in motor...got stern into breakers and filled it up with sea water after taking a few waves over the stern. 2005 gradywhite 222 sport fisherman. Gonna go look at it this week. I'll need to completely rewire boat...add a new motor and an electronic package. Hull transom TTop all in perfect shape all cushions...etc.

My buddy got the boat and tandom aluminum trailer for $3500.... Combined worth 8 k easy. I can have it for what he got in it..if not he will sell.

I can do the wire job for about $5 or 600 bucks myself...to pay it would be a couple Grand easy. Get a complete rebuilt engine 200 to a 225 HP n controls from my bud for about 5k...then throw electronics...maybe another 2k....get it all pretty and I'll have a 25 to 30k boat for about 10 k and a maybe 6 months of elbow grease n work on the weekends

. If I do this..I'll post some pics in a few days when I go check it out. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna as this is a hell of a good boat.and it'll get me back out on the ocean where I belong...I miss that shit bad. It's in my blood ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"injured my back" post in 3..2..1.. :D

Comment

Lmfao
      Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      "injured my back" post in 3..2..1.. :D

Comment

Yep...I'm definitely getting this boat. Well cared for...no corrosion no pitting...no rust. Solid floors Hull and transom. T top in perfect condition. Trailer n tires like new. All cushions in great shape..looked closely in all corners..mounting places brackets..couldn't find any stress cracks in gel coat. As I stated earlier...rewire...new motor n harness..and electronics....this will easy be a 30 k boat when I'm done...doubt I'll have 10 k in it...wow am I looking fwd to getting back on the water....a few pics....

Comment

so it's a $3500 boat that you can sell for $30k with 10k put into it? why the hell isn't the boat place you got it from not doing just that?

Comment

so it's a $3500 boat that you can sell for $30k with 10k put into it? why the hell isn't the boat place you got it from not doing just that?
            Because it's my buddys place...he's hooking me up...he's got more boats then a farmer has corn..lol

Comment

You should checkout craigslist to see what boats the size with all the goodies are going for locally.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by piratex View Post
                You should checkout craigslist to see what boats the size with all the goodies are going for locally.

Good luck!!
                https://www.boattrader.com/browse/ma...222-fisherman/

Comment

As you can see by link above...this boat will be worth exactly what I'm saying. It was an insurance claim buy back...they totaled it...due to actual costs of replacing everything...new 250 Yamaha is over 25 k by itself....I'll have a motor with less then 200 total hours on it. All from warrantee claims...lol....head from this motor...lower from this motor...mid section from another...all parts just laying around from warrantee claims all in perfect condition....we will put them together and have a new motor...less then 5 k....yea buddy!

Rewire my self...n electronics... I got a new fucking boat!

Comment

it will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it brosky.

do you have to disclose it was totaled when you sell it?

i think you'll break even maybe. :D

Comment

it will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it brosky.

do you have to disclose it was totaled when you sell it?

i think you'll break even maybe. :D
                      You know nothing of this grasshopper. I won't be selling this...it'll be my last boat...I'll fish this fucker till I'm done.....

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                        You know nothing of this grasshopper. I won't be selling this...it'll be my last boat...I'll fish this fucker till I'm done.....

Ahh I thought the point if this was to sell. Nevermind.

So you gonna keep it. Do something cool with it and paint that bitch gun metal gray. Name it something like liberal killer!

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

So you gonna keep it. Do something cool with it and paint that bitch gun metal gray. Name it something like liberal killer!

Keep it for myself...get back offshore fishing...beach runs tubing skiing...what ever..

https://youtu.be/uBk6n3LvNmQ

Comment

Keep it for myself...get back offshore fishing...beach runs tubing skiing...what ever..

https://youtu.be/uBk6n3LvNmQ

Watch video...exact boat.... I'll probably put a 250 on it though..that's highest recommended HP it's rated for

Comment

good call. when you went the direction of a little swamp duck boat I thought it was the end...

Comment

Working...
                              X