Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 🤔How to approach someone or making a suggestion without seeming insulting?🤔

🤔How to approach someone or making a suggestion without seeming insulting?🤔

How would you approach or go about suggesting to someone to possibly consider fitness, dieting and training in which they could really use in their life whether it's health-related or a mental state of well being, WITHOUT offending them or overstepping boundaries that could be insulting???

What people ultimately decide to do with their lives is there own doing, but what if it's a dear friend, co-working, family member or even significant other?

hard to say. some people are too easily offended. but if this person is so out of shape that their health is a concern then I'd say it's more important to be truthful then to worry about feelings.

obviously it's all about the approach and the wording.

Comment

Shaming has been proven not to work. I personally would try to show them empirical evidence on how their life course is taking them down a road of misery and how simple life changes can increase their quality of life. "Do you want to feel amazing and jump out of bed when you wake up? Are you tired of these health problems? I know how to make you feel better, would you like me to help/coach you?"

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by AvidFisherman; 01-02-19, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
        Shaming has been proven not to work. I personally would try to show them empirical evidence on how their life course is taking them down a road of misery and how simple life changes can increase their quality of life. "Do you want to feel amazing and jump out of bed when you wake up? Are you tired of these health problems? I know how to make you feel better, would you like me to help/coach you?"

Easy..honesty is best policy....you wanna die because you choose to be a fat lazy fuck? If not get motivated and do something to help yourself before it's too late. Or be miserable and die...your choice. I'm here to help if you want it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
          Easy..honesty is best policy....you wanna die because you choose to be a fat lazy fuck? If not get motivated and do something to help yourself before it's too late. Or be miserable and die...your choice. I'm here to help if you want it

That's seems to only work for people who don't get their "feelings hurt" easily.

Fuck sake. We were meant for another time bro. My mind just doesn't tick with the beat of people today. Where I'm from if your fat you get told your fucken fat.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            That's seems to only work for people who don't get their "feelings hurt" easily.

Fuck sake. We were meant for another time bro. My mind just doesn't tick with the beat of people today. Where I'm from if your fat you get told your fucken fat.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
            It's funny..I hear...your an asshole all the time...my reply is if you think so I'm good with that...but remember..I'm just being honest and straight forward with you....that fucks them up...lol

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post

I posted this topic on a few different forms I want to get an idea on people's approaches when in this situation..I really admire your approach and it has to be one of the best pieces of advice that you could offer others..

it seems to be in a few of the other communities people are assuming I'm asking for suggestions when that is not the case.. I'm curious on how people would react and respond when approached or if in a situation where a loved one or a friend is not doing too well with their health and their life choices.. although it is their own choices we as people should have a moral character to show others a better example..

For myself I noticed a lot of people asked questions but when they see the commitment and dedication that it takes they shut down..

someone on another Community gave a really good suggestion and I liked it a lot.. he said to suggest to them to read a good book about macro nutrition or something along those lines..

That right there could stop a lot of headaches.. hey buddy I suggest you read this book, and leave it at that.. :)

Comment

Millions of people who are over weight or in bad health know that exercise is their friend but most have no clue how to begin.

Its more of an embarrassment issue than anything which is totally understandable.

They don't want to walk into a gym and look clueless I mean who would right?

Also being shown how to do a lat pulldown or use any equipment in a gym with all eyes on them [so they feel ] is embarrassing.

This guy I work with had a heart attack about eight months ago [over weight] came up to me at work asking for help if he joined the same gym so I said sure.

It took a few weeks to get him use to using equipment the right way but in the prosses these are things he told me.

Comment

Originally posted by piratex View Post
                  Millions of people who are over weight or in bad health know that exercise is their friend but most have no clue how to begin.

Its more of an embarrassment issue than anything which is totally understandable.

They don't want to walk into a gym and look clueless I mean who would right?

Also being shown how to do a lat pulldown or use any equipment in a gym with all eyes on them [so they feel ] is embarrassing.

This guy I work with had a heart attack about eight months ago [over weight] came up to me at work asking for help if he joined the same gym so I said sure.

It took a few weeks to get him use to using equipment the right way but in the prosses these are things he told me.
                  That's great that he approached you and you helped him.. as we know its hard for some people to take that step and reach out asking for advise.. how did he turn out in the end?

Comment

Working...
                  X